Followers

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Treats

Two years ago I ordered this cute treat basket from Peterboro Baskets.www.peterborobasket.com

In Peterborough, New Hampshire this company has been making baskets since 1854!  I have several Peterboro Baskets scattered around my home. I could not resist the cheery orange color of this basket and the cute little ghost is sweet too.  Once Halloween passes us by I simply turn the ghost toward the wall and use it for a candy basket for the grands until Thanksgiving.  Right now the basket is filled with  Skittles, M&Ms, Starburst and Hershey Kisses. The grands know where to find a treat but they are very good about asking first! It is a matter of discipline for Nana to walk by without picking up a treat!

And fall is certainly in the air here today. The air is crisp but there is a threat of rain that might cancel Landon's last soccer game this morning.

And with fall comes croup! Ben and Katy had to take our Miss Margaret to the ER last night as she was struggling to breathe. She was there about two hours and is now home on steroids. Please pray for our sweet girl to have a quick and complete recovery.  Katy's mom was visiting so Ben and Katy were able to take Margaret to the hospital together, ER visits are a scary thing for parents.

Hoping that the rest of our weekend is uneventful!!


6 comments:

Mrs R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs R said...

** I deleted the initial comment as I forgot to include the link**

Hello Sweet Arlene! Poor Margaret. I will say a prayer for her. Do you think it could be that bad virus that the news keeps reporting about?

I am so excited about NC that I just couldn't keep quiet any longer about it. I've moved my blog to RiverWind and hope to see your shining face there when you have a moment.

I will pop back over to read the posts that I've missed soon. And I am very proud that you can pass by that candy basket. I could not....

http://riverwind-thyme.blogspot.com

Blackberry Lane said...

Praying that Margaret improves soon.

That is a very cute basket for candy.

Our neighbors who have been here a few years tell us they have never had trick or treaters. There goes my excuse to buy candy!!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks dear friends for prayers for my girl. Mrs R, the drs said plain old croup but I thought the same thing! Will check out your blog! Mildred, we have very few trick or treaters here as well. I think I had three last year!

Terri D said...

It is scary anytime you can't breathe, and especially in one so young! Prayers lifted for her! Let us know, please, how she is doing. Love the basket and will have to check out the website!

Arlene Grimm said...

That is so true Terri! She is doing well now so we are hoping the steroids have done their jobs!