Followers

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Already?

One of my Facebook Friends posted this to remind everyone that we will go back to Standard Time this weekend. However, I think I will adjust my clocks before going to bed!! Where we live in Alabama we are just at the line that defines Central Time so come December, it begins to get dark here at around 4:30 in the afternoon. It makes for a long winter evening!  I am one of those crazy people who enjoys walking through my home and turning on lamps, closing the plantation shutters and lighting candles. I like to think of Marvin coming home from work to a house that is warm and welcoming with the soft lights glowing.  But like everyone else, come spring time I will be ready to spring forward and get that extra evening sunlight!  Seasons are a blessing and I am glad I live where I can enjoy the changing landscapes!


5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I love the change of seasons too, but I hate daylight saving time. I wish we would just stick with one thing. The change is like jetlag for me. It takes me about 2 weeks to adjust to it.

Thanks for reminding me to turn the clocks back this weekend. Also time to replace the batteries on our smoke alarms.

Tori Leslie said...

We had time change last Sunday and many of or folks were way early for church. Better early than late!

Arlene Grimm said...

Judy, when we lived in Louisville KY, there was a portion of Indiana that refused to switch to Daylight Savings time. If you were traveling in their vicinity you had to keep that in mind!! I am not sure how they opted out of it however!!

Tori, my husband is from a family of six children and he said the only time they were on time for church was when the time changed.lol...

Terri D said...

The time changes make me crazy. My internal clock hates the changes. I wish they would just stick to one or the other. Bah humbug!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

It's hard to believe it's that time again. It will be hard to adjust to it being dark at 5 pm! Thanks for the reminder!