Followers

Monday, October 6, 2014

An Autumn Happy

We had lunch with our son, Charles and his wife, Nancy, on Saturday. We traveled to Huntsville to eat at Terra Nova, at the recommendation of friends.  I will save my review of the restaurant for Trip Advisor but I was rather disappointed in this Italian restaurant that many locals rave about. It was just so so for me. But back to our visit with Charles and Nancy....I wanted to take them an Autumn Happy and I found most of what I needed to make my Happy at TJ Maxx. Honestly, TJ Maxx is just my favorite shopping place! I can always find something nice that I can use right away or I can store it away in my gift closet.

The Happy for Charles and Nancy was quite a big one so I needed a pretty gift bag to put everything in...found just the perfect bag along with some goodies to surprise the young Grimms.

Here are all the goodies....

I found this big candle that smells like vanilla...yum! I added some ribbon to make it festive.

I used some tissue paper to wrap up two goodies...one was a handful of Godiva chocolate covered caramels. Nana kept the rest of the bag for herself! I also wrapped up some individual packages of apple dipping caramel in another bundle. I added two big red apples to the bag for slicing up to eat with the dip.

And lastly, I added two pretty autumnal dish towels that will look nice hanging on the stove in their kitchen.  It is so much fun to put together a fun little surprise gift.  When the waitress at the restaurant saw  the gift bag, she asked if it was someone's birthday. I told her it was just a "Happy" for my adult children. When she walked away, Marvin told me that maybe we were going to get a free dessert if I had answered in the affirmative! That Grandpa...I have to keep him in check!!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my TJ Maxx finds and hearing about my Happy. I think everyone enjoys an unexpected gift every now and then!

3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

A Happy gift is always the most fun...the unexpected. I gave a few last week! It feels good to give! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

Cheryl @ TFD said...

That is a great gift...the Happy gift! It's so fun to get a surprise. Love the candle and the towels...so cute! Have wonderful day!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for stopping by sweet friends! It is fun to give a little surprise to someone special!