Followers

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

End of the Month

How did October come to a close so quickly? Seems we were just at the beach and now it is time to plan for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  This has been a busy month with so many birthdays and Halloween still to look forward to! I always love seeing my grands dressed up in their costumes.

Today I will be heading to Serra Toyota here in Decatur for an oil change before heading out of town for the weekend. Our service department has a lovely waiting area so I plan to take along my cross stitch and my ipad to keep me busy while I wait. Then I may head to Lowes to purchase some pansies for my garden. It is rainy here today and the temps are supposed to become more fall like in the next few days.  I was glad to hear the thunder and rain during the night. Being the black thumbed person that I am, I had taken up some bushes in an unwanted flower bed near the street and replaced the flower bed with sod. I can keep up with the flower beds by my front door but really did not want additional garden space to weed.  So my new sod is drinking up that lovely rain! My landscaper told me to keep it watered but that rain was preferable!

 I have ordered my turkey breast for Thanksgiving. A local BBQ place here in Priceville does GREAT smoked turkeys for Thanksgiving. We purchased two turkey breasts last year and they were the hit of the dinner. Even our Memphis relatives raved over it. ( Memphis is the home of southern BBQ).

I have some house cleaning to do before the holidays along with having my carpets cleaned. For some reason, cleaning never seems to end here. I really do enjoy getting everything neat and tidy before we settle in for the winter.

Have a lovely Hump Day Blog Friends!!




7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's nice to get out and get lots of errands done while the weather is nice. It's beautiful here today...and warm! Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs, Diane

Terri D said...

Smoked turkey breast sounds yummy! What a great idea! Good luck at the Toyoto dealer. I don't do plants or flowers...my thumbs are both black! LOL

Terri D said...

Smoked turkey breast sounds yummy! What a great idea! Good luck at the Toyoto dealer. I don't do plants or flowers...my thumbs are both black! LOL

Tori Leslie said...

I can't even believe that we're talking about holidays already. Where did 2014 go?
Anyhow, happy almost November!

Arlene Grimm said...

I know this year is flying by for our family....hoping 2015 moves at a slower pace!!

Cattails said...

Do you cross stitch gifts for Christmas presents?

We had rain yesterday and are expecting cooler temps too. I have not bought pansies yet.

Your turkey breast sounds delicious and easy!

Arlene Grimm said...

We are headed to Atlanta for the weekend and I saw that the high for Saturday is going to be 50! Guess I will be taking my coat to the Ga Tech Homecoming game!!