Followers

Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday!

It is Friday again and I have a busy day in store. I have a coffee cake in the oven as it is a MOPs morning and I have to take a sweet snack. If you have never tried the Krusteaz Crumb Cake then you are missing a treat!

A friend of mine shared this mix with me years ago and I think it is one of the best coffee cake mixes on the market.  I use two packages to make a 9 by 13 coffee cake. I also add a powdered sugar glaze to the top for some extra flavor and prettiness! My friend, Susan B, said that her mom made this up in the 9 by 13 pan for a church bake sale and EVERYONE wanted her recipe!!  I hope my MOPs moms will enjoy it.

And I have errands to run as usual. I have several gifts to purchase so I will be off to TJ Maxx after MOPs to search out something special.  Then to the grocery store!

Over the weekend I hope to work on some Christmas projects. I will also make a trip to the Cross Stitch shop as one of my nephews is getting married and I need to get started on a project for him and his bride.

Before I leave you, I had to share this cute picture of Landon that was taken at the Pumpkin Patch. His kindergarten class had a fun time at Tate Farms last week. He and Mommy took in all the fun things to do at this famous NoAla fall travel destination.

I just LOVE this scarecrow!!

8 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Darling scarecrow! Looks like he's enjoying it a lot. I've never tried Krusteaz. Nice to hear a review. It always makes me more likely to try a brand I've never before used.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is a very cute scarecrow! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! Hugs!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Friends...I am a bit partial to that scarecrow myself!!

Amy Burzese said...

I'll have to look for that mix. I'm definitely not a scratch baker! And I see why you love that little fellow. He looks like a sweetie!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I will have to look for the cake mix. I don't know if it's sold here, tho. If you like apples, you should try my apple nut bar recipe I posted today. It can be doubled to make a 9X13 pan. To me, it's more like a cake than a bar. It is very good!
Your little scarecrow is a cutie! Have a nice weekend!

Tori Leslie said...

He sure is a cutie! Never tried the cake mix but I've heard they're wonderful. Btw, you sent me I to shock mentioning Christmas, can't believe we're talking about Christmas already. Anyhow, enjoy your blog and I'll be back!

Arlene Grimm said...

Cheryl, I love anything with apples. And that recipe looked good!

Arlene Grimm said...

So happy to have you stop by Nanaland Tori. As my son says, most of my posts are a random stream of consciousness but I love writing about home and family.