Followers

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Laugh Lines

As I approach my 60th birthday next year, I have been thinking a lot about getting older. One Bible verse that stands out in my mind is Proverbs 31:30  Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.  How we seem to value "looks" in this society. Some baby boomers want to stay flower children forever and even the younger generations are looking for the fountain of youth. While I think we should try to look our best, I think we should embrace aging gracefully. One thing that really bothers me is all the Botox that is being used to take away wrinkles. While it does take away wrinkles, it also takes away expression. When I came across this quote by the beautiful Lauren Bacall, it really expressed my thoughts on this matter.


I hope my life shows in my face, every line has been earned by living the life that God has given me.  I am thankful for each year that I have been blessed with as it is truly a gift!

2 comments:

Terri D said...

I SO agree with you and Lauren Bacall!! Those laugh lines give character to anyone's face. I want to see expression - both joy and sadness. If we are lucky, we will all get old. We have earned any lines and bumps that show up!! That is beauty!

Arlene Grimm said...

I totally agree Terri. I saw a picture of Renee Zellweger that made me want to cry. Let's just leave our faces alone!!