Followers

Thursday, October 2, 2014

October

I know it is the second day of October but I am still welcoming it!  October, November and December are full of events as we race to the end of another year. I know here in Nanaland we have lots of special occassions to look forward to!

This morning I start off the month having breakfast at Cracker Barrel with my besties. Then this afternoon I am hosting my Titus Ladies group for our monthly meeting.  Tomorrow I meet with two more good friends for lunch. We attend the same Sunday School Class and we wanted to get to know one another better so we came up with lunch on the first Friday of each month. Saturday Marvin and I have a lunch date with our youngest son, Charles and his wife, Nancy. Sunday is church in the morning and the Newcomers Tea in the afternoon. I am on the Encouragement Committee of our Women Walking Worthy group at First Bible and we host this tea for ladies who are new to the church. This group also sends cards of encouragement to church members which is one of my favorite things to do. Our Titus Ladies groups are also a part of that ministry. Titus Ladies is a three year study of how to be the woman God wants you to be. Family and church keep me busy but that is a Good Thing!

This month we will celebrate Marvin's birthday on the 19th. Landon will turn 6 on the 27th and we are having an early birthday party for Margaret. She turns 5 on December 2nd but she has a little brother turning one on the 5th of December so Mommy thought Margaret would have a surprise early birthday this month! I thought that was a great idea!

Kendall asked me yesterday how many days til Halloween????She is counting down the days until she can dress up and go out trick or treating. I look forward to hearing about all the activities my blog friends have planned for this fall!


2 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It definitely gets busy as soon as school starts! We have a little trip planned and lots to celebrate this month. Enjoy your week! Happy Fall! Hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane, we are leaving on Halloween for Atlanta where we plan to attend the Ga Tech Homecoming Game then on Sunday we are going to the Fox to see Phantom of the Opera. I can hardly wait. We plan to take Kendall to Montgomery to see A Christmas Carol in December. Our state has the Alabama Shakespeare Festival and it provides so many good cultural activities. Who says Alabama doesn't have culture???LOL