Followers

Friday, October 10, 2014

Pumpkin Pie

Well it feels like fall when the first pumpkin pie of the season goes into the oven! I made an apple pie and a pumpkin pie to share with my Sunday School Class Ladies last night. We try to get together for some Hen Time every other month or so. I used my late mother in law's Fostoria dessert dishes to serve the pies on, even though they do not look very autumnal. I am not Martha Stewart but I do admire all the sets of dishes she owns. She can pull out dishes for any occassion! And if I had more room in my house, I would probably give in to my "dish addiction".

We had a wonderful time visiting together and hey, apple pie for breakfast this morning was quite a treat!!

8 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I feel the same way about pumpkin and apple pies. They are definitely a sign of fall.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How pretty with your Fall table runner. Pie is always a favorite. I made peach fried pies again...oh my! Enjoy your day my friend! Hugs!

Terri D said...

Your Fall decorations would make any plates look festive!! Just lovely, and I know the pies were/are delicious!! Yum!

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri and Diane...you are too sweet. My runner did not exactly fit the buffet but it looked so festive that I had to use it! And peach pies..yummy too!

Arlene Grimm said...

Judy, I really should take some of the left overs to my elderly neighbors but I am feeling a bit selfish!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Lucky ladies to have gotten to share the pies with you! They look delicious.
Have a nice weekend!

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Mmm ... wonderful! I too have a "dish addiction" -- inherited from my mother! I have her dishes, some from my grandmother and my aunt, full set from grandparents-in-law, and more! I finally made a rule: Item In, Item Out. So every time I "adopt" a new item, a similar one has to be passed along to someone else or donated. Otherwise, well, you know what would happen!

Arlene Grimm said...

Cheryl, I enjoy having company. I am not a big entertainer but I enjoy cozy get togethers. Wish you could have joined us!! And Jean, believe me, when we moved to our town house, I had to really pare down my dish collection. I like your idea for passing along old dishes....now to implement it!!:)