Followers

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Think Pink!

I was in Hartselle  yesterday to have breakfast at my favorite place, Mr Henry's. You do not have to twist my arm to get me to go for gravy and biscuits especially if my breakfast buddy is a good friend. After breakfast I thought I would stop at the Hartselle post office to mail a package. I just love doing business in Hartselle. It reminds me of my home town. The people there are so friendly and helpful and they are customer oriented!  Well when I walked into the post office here is what I saw.

A beautiful white and pink tree in honor of breast cancer awareness month. The "ornaments" were names of ladies affected by this disease. Every October there is lots of PINK to be found around town, reminding ladies to be proactive in fighting this disease that has taken many wives, mothers, aunts, sisters and daughters. Here is a shot of the lovely white tree with pink lights and ribbons.


There was also another display with a tee shirt that sums up the thoughts of the Hartselle Post Office. October is also a time to raise money for breast cancer research.

I have noticed several area post offices doing their part to spread the word about this disease, but the Hartselle post office wins the prize for best display in my book.

Janna, is all dressed up in pink as well. With her pink hair ribbon, scarf, ring, and bracelet, she reminds us to Think Pink. I had to wait to take her photo while she applied her pink lipstick! She is also responsible for the display at the post office.  I am thankful for people who take the time to get involved in raising awareness of this disease.

Here is hoping for a cure for breast cancer (and all cancer) in our life time!

3 comments:

Terri D said...

AMEN to prayers for a cure. The tree is a lovely reminder, indeed!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I had my mammo last week. I pray there is a cure found soon for all cancers!

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes Friends...it would be such a gift to find a cure!!