Followers

Monday, November 24, 2014

Belated Anniversary Wishes

Last week Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip celebrated 67 years of marriage and they seem to be going strong as both still make royal appearances around the realm in England. I have always admired the queen. She has served her country faithfully since 1953. Many have criticized her but she has maintained the stern discipline that is necessary to quide a country. I would not like to cross her!!

I read a book about her recently that recounts that she is quite the mimic among her family and can bring gales of laughter with her talent. And apparently she is a much better granny than she was a mummy. I guess she has learned as most of us grandparents that time passes quickly and soon those little ones will be adults.

So here is to the queen and her consort! Happy 67th anniversary!

3 comments:

Terri D said...

Remarkable, indeed! Thanks for the reminder. I don't remember seeing anything about it, here in Florida, on the news.

Arlene Grimm said...

I saw it on the British Monarchy page on Facebook Terri. I love the Queen!

Cranberry Morning said...

I'm so glad you reminded us of this! I have always admired the Queen, her sense of duty always present. It doesn't surprise me that she's a better granny than mum, but she was a product of her upbringing and that huge sense of responsibility to her country that she has carried all these years. I enjoyed seeing the photo. Thanks!