Followers

Friday, November 14, 2014

Chocolate Party

"What is a Chocolate Party?" Marvin asked when he noted it written on my planner. I had to admit that I was not sure but I had received an invitation to one from my friend, Amy and her daughter, Mary Carol. And hey...Chocolate...Party....what is not to like? Of course I was going!

I joined up with my friend, Deborah, in Hartselle to ride to Mary Carol's house in the country. After a few wrong turns, the old ladies made it to the party. Note to self, GPS is not always correct!  I was just glad that Deborah was driving.

When we arrived we were greeted by the Chocolatier, Judy Burnum. What is a Chocolatier you might ask. Well Judy works for Dove Chocolates and she introduced us to many of their products that are perfect for baking, snacking and sipping.

We sampled a chocolate raspberry drink that was topped with a piece of salted chocolate caramel.  I am not a big raspberry fan but this party drink was delish. And add chocolate to it, win win!

Here is a Close Up!!

Then Judy went on to make Apple Nachos that had a surprisingly low calorie count for such a yummy snack.

Gala and Granny Smith Apples are slice up and layered on a pretty tray. Judy had prepared a mixture of Cool Whip and Dove's Spiced Chai powder. ( And if you do not like Chai, do not worry, it was great in Cool Whip!) The Chai Whip was spooned over the apples, then Judy drizzled some of the Dove Chocolate Merlot and Chardonay Caramel sauces over the top.  Believe it or not, each apple slice in this recipe has about 15 calories.

After sampling the goodies, we were able to shop for ourselves.

I have to admit that I purchased some chocolate treats. I am trying their baking chocolate. I make a good chocolate cake and I think this chocolate will make it even better! I also bought a bag of dark chocolate sea salt rounds. This will be perfect to place in a pretty bowl in my guest room when my dark chocolate loving brother in law comes after Christmas. Let's be honest here, I will have to hide it from myself so it lasts until then!

If you have a chance to attend a Dove Chocolates party, go and try out all the Dove Chocolate Creations. You will learn a lot as well as enjoying some delicious chocolate products.

9 comments:

Cattails said...

How fun! I had no idea about these Dove parties. Let us know how your cake turns out! Have a good weekend.

Arlene Grimm said...

I will try to do a post Miss Cattails!! I am counting calories right now so it may be a while before I bake it!!

Julie Burnum said...

Thank you Mrs Arlene! One of the best compliments I could receive by being recognized in print! I am so glad you had a great time and I also got the chance to meet you! By the way thanks for taking such great pictures!

Tori Leslie said...

What a super cool idea! Could you please introduce me to Judy!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Julie you are very welcome! You did a great job and Tori I am sure Julie would love to meet you or maybe she could travel overseas for a party!:)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I haven't heard of a Dove chocolate party. Sounds like fun and it's chocolate so it has to be a good thing!

Cranberry Morning said...

Are you kidding me? A CHOCOLATE party? or is this a late April Fool's joke. Wow! How wonderfulicious!

Arlene Grimm said...

Cheryl and Judy, it was a fun time and I always enjoy sampling chocolate!

Terri D said...

What fun, and my-oh-my how yummy!!