Followers

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Give Thanks

I love Thanksgiving!  On Monday I put away all the Jackolanterns and replaced them with a few Thanksgiving pieces.

I hang this pretty cotton towel in my guest bathroom. I got it at a store in Hartselle many years ago. I love it and I have never seen another one like it.

This glass sign hangs on the victrola in the guest room.  I believe I picked this up at Cracker Barrel.

This old glass turkey was a gift from my sis in law, Lanier.  I am so glad he has survived the years without being broken.  Filled with candy corn it is a pretty reminder of Thanksgiving Day  and the yummy turkey we will have for dinner.


I found this distinctive pumpkin plate at T J Maxx this year and it looks great on my tea cart.

And this Mr Tom Turkey banner has hung on our back door for many years. He inspired Grandson Landon to write a book about turkeys. It is still a work in progress but I will share it here on the blog when he is finished.

Off to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel with the BFFs...I am sure it will be Christmas there!

9 comments:

Cattails said...

We had breakfast for supper last night at Cracker Barrel and YES, it is Christmas there!
I love your Thanksgiving décor. The glass turkey filled with candy corn is my fav.

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

I break out all my pumpkin recipes and create new ones every autumn. I like to eat with the seasons. When I see all the photos (love the way you arranged your teacart!) of decor and landscapes, I'm sure autumn is THE most photogenic season!

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes Miss Cattails...it was a winter wonderland in Cracker Barrel this am. There was still one Thanksgiving Display! And Jean...I love my tea cart! I got it about ten years ago in Savannah Ga at an antique shop there. It was originally in a hotel in Cairo, Egypt!!

Amy Burzese said...

I still have jack-o-lanterns out! Maybe I'll get them put away before Thanksgiving. You have nice touches of the NEXT holiday. Everyone moves right on to Christmas. Also, looks like you had a fun weekend, even if it was chilly.

Terri D said...

I love all your great ideas!! Thanks for sharing!

Tori Leslie said...

I love all your thanksgiving goodies. I always decorate for Fall but not so much for Thanksgiving. Anyhow, looks super festive!

Chris K in Wisconsin said...

I believe I have that exact same glass turkey! I found it at a thrift store about 3 years ago. The back feathers are a kind of very muted pink/mauve color. I love it!!

Mrs R said...

Sweet autumn treasures! I can hardly wait to go to Cracker Barrel (on a regular basis!). I plan on looking for a few holiday items as most of mine will be packed. And how exciting for Landon's turkey story!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments Ladies!! I love having you visit me via my blog!! Amy, I had a few ceramic jackolanterns that I just "turned around and left them out!! Terri, I enjoy hearing from you! You always make me feel happy! Tori, most of my "Halloween" decoraating is fall decor so I only have a few things to put away. I like the happy Jackolanterns but no scary stuff! Chris K...so happy to have you stop by Nanaland. I believe my turkey was supposed to be a soup bowl but hey...candy is more my thing!
And Mrs R....you are going to love living near Cracker Barrel restaurants. Sometimes I go in just to buy a cute and inexpensive happy for a friend. In fact, I picked up something yesterday while I was there!