Followers

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Grand Ornaments

Every year I get my grands a Christmas ornament and I write the year on it so they will remember. I also try to get matching ornaments as I want them to remember that this ornament is one Nana made for all her grandchildren.

Hobby Lobby has their Christmas Decor 50% off this week so I went in to purchase some of their nice wrapping paper.( It is a huge roll, heavy paper and pretty prints! Only $3.50 per roll on sale) As I was strolling down the ornament aisle I came upon these little crosses. Grandpa and I try to use every opportunity to pass on a little of our faith to the next generation.  Kendall and Landon took theirs home yesterday. Kendall plans to put her ornament on the tree in her room. She usually has a pink tree!  I will get the others to Birmingham when we go down next week to ride on the North Pole Express with the Grimmlins.  It is hard to believe that Christmas is just six weeks away!  Time to get crafting if I hope to get all my work done before the Big Day.

6 comments:

Cattails said...

I love to shop at HL. The crosses are a great gift for the grands. You got a good deal on the wrapping paper, too.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's a sweet tradition. And I'm excited to do some Christmas crafting this week, too! Hugs!

Tori Leslie said...

Those are so cute and special. Good job!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Ladies...of course all I can take credit for is the writing! Those are my kind of crafts. However, Kendall and I are making Elves out of toilet paper rolls for each grandchild. We hope to pass them out at Christmas!! Back to Hobby Lobby for some small pom poms.

Terri D said...

What a great idea! The crosses are just lovely!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, they just spoke to me so I had to get them. They only had five and that was what I needed so I scooped them up!!