Followers

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Ramblin Wrecks

I seldom post on Sundays but my sweet husband was so excited that Ga Tech beat Georgia yesterday that I just had to share! He posted this photo on his Facebook page.( And if you are wondering why his diploma is so wrinkled...it was printed on Lamb Skin as was the style in the late 70s.) I cross stitched the Ramblin Wreck back in 1989.  It was a super exciting game and in fact, my sweet husband changed the channel at the last minute thinking Ga had won then found out that the game went into OT after GT made a LONNNNG fieldgoal.

And speaking of happy campers, son Ben, is happy that Alabma charged back to win the Iron Bowl last night. IT was another nail biter. Several upsets over the weekend where the underdog came out on top so that puts the college playoffs in a fruit basket turnover.

Off to church this morning...it is cloudy but in the 60s! I will take that over a polar vortex any day!

4 comments:

Cattails said...

It was a great game to watch yesterday. Little Ella was cheering for Tech!

Tori Leslie said...

Lots of happy football fans your way. My hubby wasn't so lucky. The Cowboys didn't make for a great Thanksgiving.
Love your little cross stitch.

Terri D said...

I am always happy when the 'underdog' wins!

Amy Burzese said...

Not a football fan, but I did see that field goal. My son and husband were watching. I was proud for that kicker. You know it would have all been blamed on him if he had missed it.