Followers

Friday, November 7, 2014

Shopping in Franklin

Today my friend, Diane, and I made a second attempt to go shopping in Franklin, Tennessee. This delightful town is located about an hour and a half from Decatur, straight up I 65. Last year we wanted to go there but it poured down rain on that day so we went to the Cool Springs Galleria instead! But today was a perfect sunny day and we had a wonderful time exploring the stores along Main Street.

Loved the pretty trees and the flags that were displayed...an all American town.

Many of the shops were decorated for the Christmas Season.

But there was a lot of Fall and Thanksgiving displays as well.

Eye Candy every where we looked!!

It was a busy day in Franklin and one of the shop proprietors told us that they had been especially busy because the CMA awards had brought lots of foot traffic to Franklin.

People waiting for tables at Pucketts Restaurant!

While we waited for our table at Pucketts we walked up the street and took a gander at all the goodies at Meridee's Bakery. We did not partake, just looked longingly at all the yummy offerings.

We visited Ivey's cupcakes...where we did succumb!! We found out that quite a few Country Stars like to have a cupcake from Ivey's!

And we took time to check out an interesting antique shop...loved this Christmas Pig!!

I am posting tonight as I have a Ladies event at church tomorrow. Saturday with the Sisters is a monthly affair at First Bible Church. Tomorrow we are making an advent craft!! I am looking forward to another fun day!

7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm not the 'Diane' that got to go shopping with you but I've been to Franklin and it has a wonderful downtown! Happy weekend! Hugs, Your other Diane friend..heehee

Terri D said...

Franklin looks like a great place to explore! I'll have to put it on my list of something to do someday.

Tori Leslie said...

That is so my idea of fun! Glad you had a good time. Love the trees along main.

Cattails said...

My mom and I always loved little shops like these. Those cupcakes are fabulous! Have a great day.

Arlene Grimm said...

Oh Ladies, I could have dropped some serious cash yesterday but I tried to be prudent!! I did purchase something cute that I will post a picture of next week.Just being with a good friend on a bright November day was a blessing.

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

Love downtown Franklin. Such a charming place! Glad ya'll had fun.

Arlene Grimm said...

Jenn, we decided that we need to go each season to check out the stores there!!