Followers

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thank a Soldier

In the past on Veteran's Day I have posted pictures of my Daddy and uncles who served in the military but this year I wanted to post a picture of my cousin, Jeff, and his son, Blake.  Jeff's younger son, Mark, was married earlier this year and he asked Jeff and Blake to wear their uniforns in lieu of tuxedos.  I am proud to note that Jeff still fits in his Air Force Uniform! He retired after completing his years of service and has kept up that military fitness. Blake is serving in the army and looks very handsome in his uniform as well.

The Henderson family has quite the history of service to our country. One of our Henderson ancestors, Thomas Lowery, fought in the Revolutionary War at the Battle of Cowpens. My great great grandfather, Daniel Henderson, fought and died in the Civil War. ( He fought for the Confederacy), great uncle Webb Henderson served in WW1 while his baby brother, Edd, served in WW2. (They were from a BIG family!) My Uncle Mark, Jeff's dad, served in the Army as did two Henderson son in laws, my dad and my Uncle Jerry.  I am thankful for Blake's service to our country in this new generation of Hendersons!

We should always remember that Freedom is not Free. I am so thankful for the men and women who serve in all branches of the United States Military.

3 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I am so thankful for our military. We are only free as a nation due to them. God bless everyone in the military and their families too.

Terri D said...

Thankful for all our Veterans! Love the photo!

Cattails said...

A lovely Veteran's Day post. May God bless America.