Followers

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Angels

I have had these angels for many years. I have always loved angels and I had quite a collection before my sweet husband stepped in to help me get them from the attic and dropped the box that contained my collection. That was years ago and I am not bitter at all!lol...Really I am not. He did it while we were moving one time and he was clearing the attic for me. This was when we lived in a house that had the pull down attic stairs and it was an ordeal to get anything out of the attic! I was not home at the time of the accident and oh how he dreaded telling me about it.  Not all were broken but quite a few did not survive the fall from the attic stairs.   I told him that they were just THINGS....I was glad he did not fall. I love my little collections but if they were all taken away from me tomorrow, I would survive.  I think I bought these angels to start my collection over again!

The little dish is one that I purchased in Franklin, Tennessee when my friend, Diane and I went there to shop back in November.  I have always been drawn to little things.

Tonight Marvin and I are going to our Sunday School Christmas Party. I have my Dirty Santa gifts ready and I must make my Smoked Turkey Cheese Ball to take along to share.  I am looking forward to an evening with my dear friends of 20 years. They know all about me and love me anyway!!

5 comments:

Linda said...

We have that same kind of attic stairs! I no longer pack HEAVY tubs!!! Lots and lots of lighter weight ones!
I, too, have a collection of angels. Many were from my Sunday School teacher days.
I am getting things ready for a party to attend this afternoon! 3-6 pm and then we have another one at 6-9. Think I am going to cry Uncle and skip that one. I can never do as much as I THINK I can!!!
Merry Christmas to you!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You can collect more in the years to come, too. I love angels, too. Sweet hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Linda I am blessed now to live in a town house with an easy access attic. In fact it is part attic and part craft room. But oh how I hated those pull down stairs!! The Christmas season is fun but can be tiring!! Diane, I have collected a few more since then. Of course now I am collecting about a dozen other things as well.lol...Hope you are having a good warm Christmas in Florida.

Cranberry Morning said...

I love that: 'They know all about me and love me anyway.' LOL Isn't that true of good friends! Sorry about your angels, but you have a very healthy perspective on it all. Have a wonderful Lord's Day.

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes Judy...it is great to have friends that are faithful to the end!! We had a fun party and Dirty Santa was very dirty!lol...Thanks to my sweet husband I got the gift I wanted.