Followers

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Another Year Has Come and Gone

It is hard to believe that 2014 is winding to a close and 2015 is on the horizon. 2014 was like most years, filled with triumphs and trials. In January Marvin went into the hospital for a total knee replacement. That was a blessing as he had been in horrible pain with that knee. So we were home bound for most of February. It was nice to spend the cold winter month inside, reading, doing handwork and just enjoying each other. Marvin was recovered enough in March for us to take a trip to Atlanta to watch a show at the Fox Theater. April brought Easter, family times together and warmer weather. May brought my birthday and Landon's graduation from preschool. June meant time spent with Kendall and Landon while they were home from school for the summer. Margaret visited as well to enjoy some cousin time. July was a fun month as the whole Grimm Bunch spent a week together at Gulf Shores. August brought a return to school for the older grands. It was also the month that Baylor was diagnosed with Autism. In September Marvin and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at Gulf Shores...a week to ourselves that we thoroughly enjoyed. And we were totally surprised when Charles and Nancy told us that we would be getting a grandbaby in May. Now we know it is a little girl and we are thrilled!  In October my sweet Aunt Jannelle passed away after a short illness. It is hard to lose those who have known you all your life. November brought good reports from Baylor's teachers and therapists as they help him to navigate the waters of autism. My dear friend and cousin, Pam, also went home to be with the Lord after a long battle with colon cancer. Please do not put off those colonoscopies! Thanksgiving brought the whole family together again and I could never forget our trip on the North Pole Express with the Grimmlins. December was a sweet month, filled with parties, trips and family time celebrating the birth of our Savior.

This morning I am sitting on my sofa, drinking a cup of coffee and enjoying the sunshine that is pouring in the window. After a month of cloudy and rainy days, it is a blessing! Today I will begin to put away all the decorations. In some ways I will miss them...who does not like all the sparkle on dark December days? But I am ready to reclaim my house and I have a few projects in mind for 2015. Also three of my nephews are getting married in 2015 so I have some cross stitching to do and I cannot forget that I have a birth sampler to stitch for our new granddaughter.  I look forward to seeing what 2015 holds for us!

2 comments:

Terri D said...

Wishing you and yours a very happy and healthy 2015!!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you Terri! I hope 2015 is the best for you and your family!!