Followers

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

High Cotton!

When I moved to Alabama I first heard the phrase, High Cotton. If you asked someone how they were doing they might reply, "I'm in High Cotton!" That means they are doing well. If your cotton crop is high that means more cotton and a better return for your cotton field at harvest.  Now we had cotton in Georgia as well but I had never heard that phrase used there.  A friend of mine gave me a recipe for a little Christmas candy treat and as it had no name, I decided to give it the name High Cotton Candy...because you are in high cotton if you have this treat in your Christmas Kitchen. I would have posted a picture of the candy but it is all GONE! Thanks to my friend, Amy for this new recipe which I will be adding to my list of Christmas Treats.

High Cotton Candy

1 1/2 packages of White Almond Bark. 
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups peanuts
2 cups minature marshmallows

Melt almond bark and peanut butter over low heat on top of stove. Let it cool a bit while you measure out Rice Krispies, Peanuts, Marshmallows and place them in a large bowl. Pour Almond Bark mixtures over ingredients in the bowl and stir to cover. Drop by teaspoons on waxed paper and allow to set. Store in an air tight container.

I had my MOPs ladies over last night and they LOVED it and asked me to put the recipe on our MOPs Facebook Page.  We had such a good time...eating, visiting and laughing were the order of the evening. Moms who have Daddies on Babysitting duty are always happy campers. 

5 comments:

Cattails said...

I have heard that before. Perfect name for this great sounding candy. I know I will love this one!

Have a great day.

Arlene Grimm said...

Maybe I did not hear it in the part of Georgia I lived in Mildred because we did not farm much cotton there. At one time it was king in north Georgia as both my parents talked about picking cotton in their youth but the carpet industry has taken over there now. Here in Alabama, we still see many cotton fields. What is prettier than a cotton field ready to pick? It is just beautiful. This candy is addictive...I am going to have to hide it from myself!

Tori Leslie said...

This looks like a great recipe and endorsed my MOPS too. BTW, I love that saying, I've never heard it which is strange since I'm from Texas.

Terri D said...

....and I am SURE I heard (and believe) that there are absolutely, positively NO calories in anything during the month of December. It has to be true!

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, I am so glad to hear this!! Tori, I guess there are different sayings in different parts of the South!