Followers

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Hot Chocolate Bar


One of the favorite corners in my kitchen is my coffee and hot chocolate bar.  Using a platter that was a gift from my sis in law, Lanier, I filled it full of things needed for a cup of hot chocolate. Right now my favorite brand of cocoa is Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate Sensations.   I love the Santa sugar/creamer set I got years ago. They come out every year to sit on the counter but they look perfect perched on the platter along with demitasse spoons for stirring and packages of Swiss Miss.  I found the cute acrylic container that holds our marshmallows at Walmart this year. Since I took this photo I have added some cute Santa napkins to the platter! It looks quite festive as Martha would say! Everything that is needed for a hot chocolate treat is neatly collected in one place. Kendall often likes to take advantage of the hot chocolate bar when she arrives at Nana's house after a busy day at school! As for me, I have an occassional hot cocoa but coffee is still my drink of choice on a cold winter day!

8 comments:

Cattails said...

That platter is so pretty and I love the marshmallow container! Such a great idea for your December guests!

Cranberry Morning said...

That is such a fun and cute idea, Arlene. I wouldn't dare set one up here. Way too tempting for me. So sweet to have for the little ones to enjoy, though, especially this time of year. Love it!

Mrs R said...

Oh Arlene, I love your special little corner with the coffee and hot cocoa. I don't think I'd stray very far from all that warm goodness!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks sweet friends....I am thinking a mug of candy canes might just make it complete!!

Terri D said...


What a cute idea!

Tori Leslie said...

That is such a good idea. Very welcoming!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How pretty everything looks. I have my 'coffee' area but there's nothing like hot cocoa when it's cold! Holiday hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks sweet friends...love hearing from each and every one of you!