Followers

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

O Come Let Us Adore Him

One of my favorite collections is my Nativity Scenes. As one of my Catholic friends teases me, Christmas is the only time of the year that Protestants are ok with statues and graven images. She got me there!! In the collection below, my favorite is the clay holy family in the middle of the scene. It was made by a potter here in Alabama and I had been looking lovingly at it in the store! My sweet husband surprised me with it two weeks before Christmas last year. I keep it in my secretary all year long. It is too pretty to be put away and only enjoyed once a year.( You can click on the picture to see a bigger image!)

Several of my nativity scenes and ornaments. Since this picture was taken a friend gave me a new addition to my collection!

The manger scene was a gift this year from my sweet friend, Amy C.

My Willow Creek nativity is special because I purchased it with some money my Daddy left to me. It reminds me of his love for me. And my Menorah was a gift from Marvin.  In the background is a Christmas Cross Stitch that I did years ago.


This pretty nativity was made by my sweet mother in law, Mama G.  It is very special to all of us in the Grimm family.

And here they are in my kitchen hutch. I decided to put them here this year as Baylor likes to touch things and I did not want it to be a temptation for him as well as Elliott. We can enjoy these nativities but they are out of harm's way!


3 comments:

Terri D said...

Just lovely. I have a Nativity I leave out all year, and a good friend has her entire collection in a glass hutch, also all year long. Too beautiful to put away!

Cattails said...

Beautiful treasures and I always enjoy your cross stitch.

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I spy your New Mexican Nativity! Your collection is gorgeous! I thought I'd brought a small one with me but I can't find it. Thank you for sharing with us!