Followers

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Starting off the Season Right

If you are like me, your holiday calendar is filling up fast. The season rushes by and at the end of Christmas Day, you wonder if you really took the time to reflect on the meaning of this happy time of the year. The ladies ministry at our church wanted to make sure that we started the season off on the right foot. They hosted a Savoring the Savior fellowship dinner at First Bible Church. The leadership team of Women Walking Worthy went all out to show love to the ladies of FBC. The evening began with the ladies arriving to beautifully decorated tables.

If you cannot see the centerpiece well, it is a plain glass vase filled with cranberries and water, plain tree limbs sprayed with white paint and pretty red Christmas balls attached to the branches. This is one decoration that I may be using in the future! And those pretty gift boxes were little happies for the ladies in attendance.  The boxes held a little booklet called The Greatest Gift of All. Perfect for reading to children and grandchildren on Christmas morning. Also included were little objects that the children can hold to think about the story. ( a rubberband, praying hands, white cloth, tiny baby and match).  This gift will make Christmas meaningful for many of the FBC families this year.

My Titus Ladies group...missing a few ladies. We enjoyed sitting together for the dinner. We also enjoyed singing some Christmas songs led by two of the talented youth of our church. The young lady who led the singing was one of my former two year old Sunday School students!  IT warmed this old SS teacher's heart to see the fruit of seeds planted many years ago!

My friends, Deborah and Sharon sat at our table as well.

All my ladies minus Elaine, Laura and Jarman. I am so glad the Lord used the Women Walking Worthy ministry to add so much to my life this year. These ladies are becoming such dear friends.
Our ladies ministry really made an effort last year to make an impact at our church. In addition to the Titus Ladies groups, there are Bible Studies, Prayer Group,  Saturdays with the Sisters, and a Sewing Ministry. Saturday with the Sisters is held once a month and we always learn something new at these meetings from craft making to time management to making gifts for special people in the church. The Sewing Ministry started just a month or so ago and these ladies make clothing that mission teams take to children in Africa.  Our church has a team that goes to Africa regularly and they saw a need and decided to do something to meet that need.  How often we all say, well we should do so and so and that is as far as it goes. I am finding as I get older that being intentional in all areas of your life is important.

I enjoyed this sweet evening and I look forward to other times of fellowship with friends and family this Christmas!

10 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Wow, that looks like it was so much fun. Love the decor! Glad you had a great time!

Linda said...

I love how you celebrate the season! While I'm not sure where you live - I AM sure I would love to be a part of your group!!
Thank you for your visit to my blog! I am now your newest follower! I see you follow Susan Branch. I somehow have missed that blog and am going now to visit! I followed her for years and then I guess a glitch happened and I didn't notice my link was gone.
Happy December Saturday!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Your group looks like they are enjoying themselves! The tables are so pretty...I like the idea of the branches with the red balls on them.
Enjoy your weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful group of ladies...there faith shines in their beauty! Holiday hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you very much for the kind words Ladies!! We had a wonderful evening!

Terri D said...

What a wonderful time you had with dear friends! The table looks amazing. Our church women's group feeds my soul, too. Blessed!

Mrs.T said...

Lovely, Arlene! We will be having a ladies' Christmas fellowship on Tuesday evening.. Always a nice time in our pastor's wife's home (well, it's his home too of course, but she is the hostess for this event) and we spend time focusing on the true meaning of the season.

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, it is wonderful to have Christian Sisters isn't it? And Mrs T, sounds like a great evening ahead for you and your church ladies. I am having a Christmas party here at my house on Tuesday evening as well..our Sunday School class is doing a party for some ladies who are out to change their lives for the better.

Cattails said...

What a blessing these Christian sisters are! Have a nice week.

Mrs R said...

What a lovely evening! Love the Savoring the Savior phrase!