Followers

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tea Time

I do not drink tea, only coffee but I love my tea cart that sits in my dining room. And this Christmas it looks lovely decorated in its' holiday finery. I think I have told the story before about how I found this cart at an antique store in my husband's home town of Savannah, Ga.  I kept going back to look at the tea cart but with no price tag displayed I was afraid it was out of my means. My brother in law, William, hunted down the proprietor and asked the price....$90. What a find!!  There is a little brass tag affixed to the cart that says if is from the Shepheard Hotel in Cairo, Egypt.  Right now this old hotel is closed as it undergoes a complete renovation.  And from Egypt to Alabama! What a trip!!

I am busy getting ready for a Christmas party for my MOPs moms tonight. They are always so much fun to be around! Then Thursday I am having Deborah and Susan here for lunch and opening gifts, later in the day my Titus Ladies will come for a light supper. Most of my Christmas partying will be finished after this week!

5 comments:

Cattails said...

It is a lovely tea cart. I like coffee better than tea. It is fun to read about all the different choices in tea these days.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful tray and vignette! Have a fun week! Hugs!

Terri D said...

Oh my, I think you are busier than me, and I'm going crazy!! Lovely, lovely tea cart and display!

Tori Leslie said...

I love that tea cart, so special and you did a lovely job decorating it. Praying you have a great time and stay nice and calm cause it looks like your plate is full!
Have a great day!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for your sweet comments ladies. I love adding a little Christmas charm to my home. One day maybe I will learn to drink hot tea. Here in the south, we are big Sweet Tea drinkers but that includes a tall glass and lots of ice rather than a tea cup.