Followers

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A New Year, A New Cookbook!

I could not resist this pretty cookbook on sale at the Biltmore House on our recent trip there. I really do not need any more cookbooks but I live in hope that I will find a great recipe that I have never seen before!  I did find several interesting recipes that I will try out but this book can also be used as a coffee table book so that is added value!

Many pretty photographs to gaze upon....

Sweet Potato Biscuits....

How the kitchen would have looked years ago when the Vanderbilts were entertaining....

I took some time yesterday to sit down and look at this book properly. One of my goals for 2015 is to cook more and make some new recipes. With just the two of us here at home, it is a challenge to come up with tasty meals for two!Maybe some hot soup should be on the menu with the cold temps arriving tonight!

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I have that book and it had wonderful photos. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to the Biltmore. It really does take you back in time as soon as you drive through the gates! Happy New Year my friend! Hugs!

Tori Leslie said...

I gave away all my cookbooks years ago and I'm kinda sorry now. I love that one! What a beautiful book.
We're gonna be empty-nesters this year so I'm gonna have to figure out this cooking for two.
Hope you have a great day!!

Tori Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri D said...

I have so many cookbooks that I don't use. Sigh. Joe is such a picky eater, that I am always afraid to try something new. With just the two of us, it is easier to just go out - which we do more than we should. I did make chili last night, and we will enjoy it again tonight. Thankfully, he does like soup!

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh my goodness, that looks just gorgeous! What a great souvenir of the Biltmore!

Mrs R said...

Arlene, what a beautiful cookbook! Love the kitchen but can you imagine all the polishing those pans would need!