Followers

Thursday, January 8, 2015

BRRR

Here is how most Southerners are dressing for today!! That is if we have any cold weather gear. Most of the time it is relegated to the back of the closet!! My sis, Kristi, gave me  a cuddleduds undershirt several years ago and it is laying out this morning to wear under my turtleneck! My Bear Paw Boots and my heavy coat and scarf are also ready for service.

I know all you Yankee Friends are laughing at us right now but honestly, how do you deal with the extreme cold on a regular basis. I know your homes and heating systems are designed for cold weather while ours are not and that makes a big difference. I just turned on my gas logs downstairs and the heat shut off for the first time since midnight!!

But even though the temps will not get above freezing today, I plan to do some errands and have lunch with the Besties as ususal. A good hot lunch sounds amazing right now.

So what is it like in your neck of the woods this morning. I for one am hoping that artic blast goes back where it came from!!

6 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Yeah, we're ready for that Arctic blast to be over too! And I do feel for y'all who aren't used to this stuff. It is beastly. Stay warm and safe. I see it's started snowing again.

Tori Leslie said...

I'm a Texas gal and I would totally be dressing like that. We are sitting right around 25 here in Eastern Europe but it's been a super mind winter for us. That's usually how it works, when you guys get slammed, we get the year off.
Have a great lunch with your friends!

Terri D said...

It is cold, for Florida, and I wore a warm jacket to work this morning, with a sweater for sitting at my desk. My coworkers all have heaters going under their desks. I haven't gone that far, but it IS cold....

Arlene Grimm said...

Well ladies it has warmed up to 27 from a low of 7 this morning. The sun is shining and the wind is not as brisk so it is easier to stand this weather. Also I have on cuddleduds and all my layers. Of course after I bundled up then I got a hot flash!! And that is no joke. I was sitting here fanning!! Judy, my hat is off to you and Tori as you all deal with this weather on a daily basis. Terri, we will just have to soldier on until the warmer temps return!!

Mrs R said...

Brrrr! Arlene, you may want to let your faucets drip and leave the cabinets under the sinks open. The pipes may freeze. :-(

Mrs.T said...

16 below zero here this morning! And the wind was blowing too, so there was quite a wind chill factor. Tonight is "warmer" -- no wind and only around 4 degrees.