Followers

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Guest Room Update

After a little mishap with a sick five year old last week, I was on the hunt for a new comforter for my guest room. ( Note to self, take comforter off bed when one of the littlies have a stomach bug) But on the plus side, I was ready for a change! My first stop on the hunt was Tuesday Morning where I found a pretty new quilt set at a great price. It included the quilt and two pillow shams.

And the colors went with my bedside table throw and the cushions I used with the old comforter.  I think my guest room is one of my favorite rooms in my house. I always love 'tweaking" it. The Nantucket Gray paint color by Benjamin Moore is one of my paint choice success stories. It is so calming and a good neutral background for decorating. The long print above the bed is a tribute to my home town landmarks and the names of all the families who live in Murray County, Georgia are seen in the background. I am proud to have four of my family lines noted there.

I have used the big cream colored European Shams for years and the green and gold cushions have served me well over the years as well.

This sweet group of Geese was made by Mama G in one of her ceramics classes may years ago. I sometimes put potpourri inside it.

One of my favorite prints...for some reason I am infatuated with doors.


These small Ray Ellis prints are another favorite. I cannot look at them without being reminded of my husband's stomping grounds of Savannah, Ga.

And of course, being the reader that I am, I must provide a book or two for my guests.  Being Dead is No Excuse is one of my favorite books. A tongue in cheek look at Funeral Customs in the South, it is sure to bring a smile or chuckle.  You will also find lots of great recipes for standard Funeral Food. Seeing that pound cake on the front cover reminds me of a warm from the oven pound cake that a dear friend brought when my father in law passed away. There is a lot of comfort in food when you are grieving!

Hope you enjoyed the tour of my guest room...it is always open!  Today is Friend Day so after getting my hair done this morning, I will be joining the girls at Chilis. Then off to TJ Maxx and the Cross Stitch Peddler ( for more thread!)  before picking the children up at school. Hope all my bloggy friends have a good day!

5 comments:

Terri D said...

Your guest room is so cozy and inviting!! Love the new quilt and accessories!! Enjoy your lunch today, and your shopping!

Cranberry Morning said...

I do love the Nantucket Gray paint in the room. SO pretty. And nice to have a change in the comforter, even if it wasn't planned. My mom took a ceramics class years ago. I wish she had made one of those geese items. That is so cool! have a wonderful weekend.

Nancy said...

That room is so inviting and perfect for making a guest feel at home. I love the comforter that you found. The colors go well with all the other accessories.

Arlene Grimm said...

Ok girls, come and see me!! I was very fortunate to find the perfect quilt and shams.

Debby said...

I think it looks really nice. I really like the quilt. It looks like a handmade quilt with those beautiful fabrics.
Sounds like you had a fun day.