Followers

Friday, January 23, 2015

My Front Door

One of my goals for this year is to paint my front door. We have lived  in our townhouse for almost six years so it is time to do some tweaking of the decor here and there. Our front door is a basic builders gray. It looks ok but rather bland. Our front door has a glass insert so there is really not a lot of wood to paint. That is a good thing because if I paint it a color that looks totally different from the paint swatch I can start over quite easily!  Is it just me but I find paint swatches are rarely reliable!

I plan to visit my favorite paint store, Sherwin Williams, where I will ask the question I always ask....what paint colors are "in" right now with your painters. If lots of painters are using a certain color it is because a local designer has deemed that color worthy! So I get free design help. Sneaky but effective. I have found a few of my favorite paint colors that way.

So here are my final three choices...weigh in with your opinion.


This one is Dragon's Breath....a deeper gray than my present door color.

This one is St Bart's. Our brick is a pinky orange color....so blue or gray would look best in my opinion.

I could not find the name for this color. I just liked the picture and as this door has lots of glass like my own, it spoke to me. It is a fun cheery color but rather bold for me.

Of course I could end up using none of these after my consultation at Sherwin Williams.  I will need to wait until the weather warms up a bit to get busy but I hope to have it done by Easter.  So, enter your vote in the comments...would love to see what appeals to my blog friends.

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love a slate blue....it's my most favorite color for decor (or to wear)! The center color would be my choice! But the dark gray is nice, too! Hugs!

Terri D said...

I like the St. Bart's.

We had a townhouse years ago, and the HOA dictated the color of our doors and shutters (and what we could plant in front, even!). I will never live where there is a HOA again. It was a terrible experience for us.

Gina said...

Love the slate blue one too. I'm partial to blues. :-)

Amy Burzese said...

Take a chance and try a bold color! If you can't live with it, it won't be much trouble to change.

Unknown said...

I like the lime color.....

Giovanni said...

It may sound unmanly of me, but I prefer the third one. Bright colors like that really makes an area much more cheerful than you might think. About a year or so ago my wife chose almost this exact same color for our door. I was skeptical at first, but I am very glad we went with that color. It was a touch that makes visitors more cheerful!