Followers

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Oxymoron?

An oxymoron is a figure of speech that uses contradictory terms. Could Home Organization be one?

This morning I am going to a Saturday with the Sisters at our church to hear a speaker whose subject is Home Organization. Now I am a fairly organized person. You will not see me on Hoarders and I manage to get from point A to point B without too much difficulty but can anyone have a perfectly organized home that you actually "live" in? Oh well, except for Martha Stewart that is!!

I can organize my pantry one day and within a week or so, the pantry items decide to move around on their own! And my walk in closet where I keep my clothes can be a real headache. The grands toys are organized in labelled boxes but somehow the correct toy does not find itself back in its little box.  My cross stitch materials are gathered in a big Vera Bradley bag in the living room as I am working on a wedding sampler for my nephew and it is easier to have it close at hand. I won't even discuss my library books. Right now my bedside table has quite a stack of books on it!  But to me, a house that looks as though a family lives in it is preferable to a house that is too perfect.

 Even the tidiest of persons can be overcome with clutter now and then. So I decided that I would give up two hours of cross stitch time to go and listen to this lecture. Maybe I will learn something new that I can pass along. And the bonus is that I get to be with my church sisters and enjoy some girl time. I am always on board for that!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Arlene, I hope you enjoyed your gathering. It definitely would be worth it for time with friends and something sweet to eat! :-)

Arlene Grimm said...

Actually Gina I did learn a few things from the presentation. And it confirmed to me that I am doing pretty well in keeping my home organized. Lots of laughs and a few confessions of clutterbugs.

Terri D said...

I'm sure you had a wonderful time today, and probably learned something new that you can use. I like a house that looks like a home...lived in. That doesn't mean unorganized, but I feel uncomfortable in a house where everything is in it's place and all the wrinkles have been ironed out. :)

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri I agree with you...I like a cozy house that looks as though someone enjoys living there. I always have a book at hand and a piece of needlework nearby.