Followers

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Roses are Red

Roses are Red and Valentines are too! I have been putting a few touches of Red around my house.


My sweet valentine, Marvin, gave me this pretty Fenton Glass basket for Valentine's Day one year and every year I use it at Valentine's Day and Easter.  My grands enjoy seeing Nana's house decorated for the Season.

And this pretty Valentine's Day Heart is hanging on my front door. The pink is a hot pink but for some reason it is looking orangey in this photo.

I have also tried to keep up my new BOOK BOX tradition. I am putting seasonal books out to read to the grands...or in Kendall's case, books for her to read.  Landon has been enjoying the Bearenstain Bears Celebrate Valentine's Day. I also have some winter themed books in the basket like The Snowy Day and What Do Snowmen Do At Night? in the basket as well.  Yesterday Landon brought me a pile of books to read and we had the nicest time just cuddling and reading. Soon he will be reading on his own and these days will be but memories. I am so glad I still have some younger grands who will enjoy all the books I have collected over the years.

3 comments:

Terri D said...

What a great idea, to have the books out for the grands to enjoy!! Your decorations are wonderful!

Gina said...

Love all your Valentine touches! I just have my wreath that I made. I think I'll stop while I'm ahead! :-)

Debby said...

Sweet touches. I love reading to my grands and my littles. They grown up too fast for sure.