Followers

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Routine in Sight

After two weeks of having Marvin home, sleeping in and just having a good time in general, Monday is not looking so good! I missed blogging yesterday because we met some good friends for breakfast, then headed to Birmingham to see Ben, Katy and the children.  As we were leaving the Grimm house, Baylor gave Grandpa a hug and said, Good Bye Grandpa! It is just a miracle to us as he was not talking at all in August! He also said, Nana, when asked who I was. Katy says they look at our family picture from Christmas and Baylor will name different ones.  Our precious boy will be going back to school next week so pray for him as I am sure it will be hard after the vacation break. Margaret is her usual spunky self and is coming to visit us later in the month. Elliott is walking and he is so proud of himself! He smiles from ear to ear...

Today I hope to spend some time doing laundry and cross stitching. It is dreary and storms are in the forecast tonight which will bring in colder temps...40s for highs are about normal in January but two days next week will only get into the 30s. I can stand the cold weather if it is not prolonged! This southern blood needs sunshine to be happy!

But I am prepared for colder temps...check out my hand warming mug I picked up at Hunters and Gatherers in Brevard last week!

You slip your hand inside to hold this mug. Lanier warned me not to burn my hand. I assured her that after some teenage years working in a fast food restaurant, my nerve endings are pretty tough. I tried it out yesterday and found it to be quite cozy. As you know I love pottery and the pretty green and blue colors caught my eye!

How's the weather in your neck of the woods? I must admit that after Christmas, I am ready for Spring.

9 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Hope you enjoy your time doing laundry and stitching. Love that mug!!!

Linda said...

I LOVE that mug!!!! How awesome is THAT? You're easing back into life, too! I will resume 'Life' tomorrow!
It's been cold and rainy here - Thunderstorms last night! Weird for January! We ate in the DFW area of Texas.....I forget where y'all are!! I do NOT like the summer heat so winter can linger as far as I'm concerned. Of course we really don't get BAD winters here - not like up north!
Happy Saturday, Friend!

Arlene Grimm said...

Tori...I am just ready for some sunshine. I think we had one sunny day in December. I will take the cold that is coming as long as the sun is shining!! And I have my mug to keep me warm.:)

Linda, we are in North Alabama and if we have cold days they are usually broken up by warmer ones so it is not so bad. We have some missionary friends who live in Dallas...they work for Wycliffe. I also have some cousins who live in the Waco area. One day I hope to make it out there. I have been in the airport but that is it.

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I am so thrilled with Baylor's progress. I will be praying for him. :-)

What an interesting mug! I've never seen one like that.

We've had a rainy day and tomorrow more of the same.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hello Arlene, I love your unusual mug! I'm like you and am ready for spring. Winters are okay if the roads don't get too bad, but I'd just as soon skip over it. :)
We've had some rain today and it's supposed to get really cold tonight. It's really not been too bad for Dec/Jan here in MO so far.
Hope you have a nice weekend!

Terri D said...

What a great mug! I have a co-worker who needs one like that for both hands. Her hands are always cold!! No apology necessary about not blogging, when you can spend time with family. What a blessing!!

Mrs.T said...

In the midst of a winter storm here in New Hampshire ... snowing like crazy, supposed to turn to freezing rain in the early morning hours. We will see! 4-6 inches of snow are predicted.

Arlene, I am so thrilled to hear how well Baylor is doing!! I pray for him (and all of the Grimms) every Tuesday.

Also wanted to tell you I made several batches of your Easy Fudge at Christmastime. My 11-year-old granddaughter made a batch all by herself for a friend whose name she drew in a gift exchange!

Arlene Grimm said...

Ladies, thanks for coming by to visit me this New Year's weekend. First of all, Thank you for praying for Baylor. I know it has made a difference!! And Mrs T, thanks for letting me know that you pray for us each Tuesday. That blesses my heart and I am glad that your granddaughter enjoyed the recipe. It is so easy that I no longer bother with the candy thermometer!Terri, I LOVE my mug!! And Cheryl if we can hold on just a little longer, spring will be here! January and February are our coldest months, though we did have a blizzard in March one year!! So thankful for all my sweet blog friends.

Arlene Grimm said...

Oops Gina...I missed responding to you! ( I am drinking my morning coffee and not quite alert yet!). Baylor's speech therapist says that she thinks he is on the brink of another language spurt! Please pray that she is right...love our boy and want the best for him.