Followers

Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Golden Friend

I am a bit late posting today! Why? Because I have been entertaining an old friend and reminiscing over  times spent at Georgia Baptist School of Nursing back in the mid 70s.  Connie and I met as we were both rooming on the fifth floor of the dorm and we shared the same group of friends.  After almost 40 years, our little group decided it was time for a girls weekend. Who was chosen to plan it? ME. Of course then I volunteered Connie to help as she lives only an hour or so from me.


Here we are....pardon the glare of a picture frame on my cheek. At first I thought I had some sort of disease!! Glad I figured it out!  Nursing School is like the Army....it makes friends for life!!

Connie and I decided we would plan a trip the first weekend in October to Brevard, NC. I had been there recently and I knew we would have  a great time.  So we called first thing this morning to reserve our rooms at the Hampton Inn and we are set for our mini reunion with the girls.  That left us the rest of the day to visit , shop and eat!


We treated Connie to lunch at the Back Alley Bistro, one of our favorite Decatur restaurants.  Our visit was a reminder to make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold. Connie and all my GBH friends are truly GOLD.

5 comments:

Debby said...

Pretty ladies and a handsome guy.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you Debby...we picked right up where we left off! Can't wait for the group to get together in October.

doodles n daydreams said...

Oh you have been busy. I've been elected to organize a family reunion so I grabbed my cousin to help, too hard for one person.
You've had a nice dump of snow too, our city comes to a standstill when it snows like that, we're really not geared to it.
Thanks for coming over for a visit, I'm following you now too.

Diana

Terri D said...

What fun you will have in October!! Old friends are always the best friends!! Thanks for sharing!

Arlene Grimm said...

Miss Doodles and Daydreams you were wise to have someone help you. Even a small reunion is quite a challenge. Picking the right date, reserving rooms etc. And Terri, I will be counting down the days. Fall in NC is bound to be beautiful and time with my besties from Nursing School is just icing on the cake!!