Followers

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

An Early Valentine

I am going to show off some of my Valentines this week...here is the first one.

My baby sister, Leta, is a teacher. She and her fellow teachers wore this shirt on Casual Friday last week. Leta has taught many autistic children and she knows the challenges that Ben and Katy face on a daily basis as they parent our grandson, Baylor.  Leta mailed a shirt to me and to my daughter in law, Katy.  We are both going to wear our shirts in honor of our sweet, precious Baylor.

A better close up....Puzzle pieces are used to represent Autism because each child who is autistic is different. Each has his/her own strengths and weaknesses just as anyone else does.

And I do LOVE LOVE LOVE my Baylor Boy!  We visited with the Hoova Grimms over the weekend and I was able to get some loving from my big boy. When we were leaving, he told Grandpa, See you Later.  How we love hearing his sweet voice. A big thank you goes to his speech therapist, Miss Lane, who does such a great job with Baylor.

And speaking of Baylor, here he is in all his pant less glory, running from Mom before she could get him dressed. He thinks it is hilarious!!  One of the things that is great about Baylor is his sense of humor. He likes to tease!

Here's to all the families who are affected by Austism...it is a hard path but with God's help, our family is making it!!

8 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Aww, what a sweet way to show support. That's a nice shirt. BTW, our middle son was always running around without his pants. Baylor is a cutie!

Arlene Grimm said...

Tori, Boys will be boys won't they??? Sometimes I miss my little boys!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet and what a wonderful way to show your support. You'll probably meet others with this struggle when you wear your shirt. Sweet hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes Diane..I hope it will be a way to encourage others who love someone with Autism.

Terri D said...

That smile says it all! What a precious face and sweet boy!

Victoria Stankus said...

What a sweet smile! I love someone with autism, too. My daughter is 16. She was diagnosed when she was 2 1/2.

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, he melts my heart!! And Victoria, I remember reading that on your blog....it is such a frustrating disease and seems to be ever on the rise. Prayers to you and your daughter.

Gina said...

Oh that smile! What a sweet boy! LOVE the heart shirt!