Followers

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Hearts!

Happy Valentine's Day. My sweet Valentine purchased tickets for us to attend a Gordon Lightfoot concert in Huntsville.  Hearing Gordon's songs reminds me of when we were a young couple and listened to his "records". I am officially old!  The bad thing about the concert is that it is on a Monday night. We will require lots of coffee to get going on Tuesday!! This was such a thoughtful gift and it made me very happy.

Back to the story of my Valentine's Day error in sending my sweet friend, Linda, two cards! Well yesterday her card for me arrived.

I cannot out do Miss Linda. Notice the postmark!! Loveland Co. Linda always goes the extra mile and that is one of the things that makes her so special. We have been friends since we were little girls and actually we are about fourth cousins as we share the same great great grandmother.  She is very special to me.

And here is my card!

I made a special treat  for Valentine's Day.

The February Southern Living magazine featured this chocolate pound cake and I knew I wanted to make it for Valentine's Day.

Here it is out of the pan...

And here is the final product. The buttermilk glaze did not turn out as it was pictured on the magazine. It was not as thick and white in color as the glaze on the cover.  I plan to slice it today and give pieces to all my neighbors, keeping a slice or two for me and Marvin to enjoy.

I hope all my blog friends have a sweet day!

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful card...and cake! I hope you feel special today! You already do! Happy Valentine's Day my friend! xox, Diane

Cranberry Morning said...

What a wonderful card from Linda! And so nice to get something besides bills in the mail! lol The sweet looks delicious, perfect for Valentine's Day.

Arlene Grimm said...

I love Valentine's Day!

Debby said...

So sweet about the cards. The cake looks so good. Happy Valentines Day. y brother lives near Huntsville.

Arlene Grimm said...

Where does your brother live Debby? We are in Decatur now, about 30 min south of Huntsville.

Amy Burzese said...

Ah, that cake! Yum. Love the card.