Followers

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Housekeeping

I do not know about you but I am finding that housekeeping is harder as I get older. In my young days I could clean my house in one day, top to bottom.( Of course my houses were not as big as the one we have now.) In fact my dear husband called my housekeeping, Cleaning Aerobics, as I flew around the house!! Now I clean certain rooms on certain days...and I will admit to resting between chores.  The housekeeping chore that really gives me a challenge is mopping.  With hardwood floors and ceramic tiles in most of the rooms, I have to mop. Swiffering only keeps the mopping at bay!  And with hardwood floors, I try to mop, then use a microfiber mop head to get up all the water so it does not damage the floors. It is quite a task.

So when I saw this advertised on tv, I was intrigued.

When it showed up at a local store, I decided to give it a try. One of the things I liked about it was that I could control the amount of water I used and no wringing out mops.

Here it is ready for duty!!

And the results? I was very pleased with how it worked and I think it will help me to mop more often instead of putting it off with a Swiffer wet pad. And I dare to dream it will replace those swiffers all together.  There are some things you need to be aware of in using this product....

1. Do not fill the bucket above the water level marked on the inside.
2. Practice with the foot pump to determine how wet or dry you want your mop head to be.
3. It takes a moment to get the mop head in "mopping position" after you remove it from the wringer.  I am learning that it is best to just shake the mop a bit before putting it on the floor to mop.

I just hope that the wringing mechanism holds up because that is the genius part of this mopping system.  Over all I am pleased with my purchase and it does make mopping much easier.

8 comments:

Debby said...

I will have to try that. We have wood, laminate, and vinyl. I use the swiffer pads. I am worried over time it may damage the floors.
Where we lived before this house, it would take two days to clean. I woukd loose seven pounds when I did it. But that was almost thirty years ago. Hah
Have a good weekend. Hope the weather there isn't as bad as most places.

Debby said...

I will have to try that. We have wood, laminate, and vinyl. I use the swiffer pads. I am worried over time it may damage the floors.
Where we lived before this house, it would take two days to clean. I woukd loose seven pounds when I did it. But that was almost thirty years ago. Hah
Have a good weekend. Hope the weather there isn't as bad as most places.

Arlene Grimm said...

Debbie I totally understand! Any thing that will help me to do better at cleaning, I will try!

Susan Graben said...

Where did you find that? I have had what seems to be the same mop on my Amazon wish list for quite a while, just kept wondering if it would be worth it. It is called a Twist and Shout Mop there. Looking closer the one I had does not have the photo of the man on it but otherwise is very similar.

Gina said...

Arlene, I've not seen that before. Remember those awful yarn type mops. Ugh! Hooray for progress!

Arlene Grimm said...

Susan, I got it at Walmart. Gina, I am really hoping this motivates me to keep my floors a bit cleaner.

Cranberry Morning said...

Wow, maybe this would motivate even me! With two dogs and then a work crew that stops in in the afternoon, let's just say that the 5 second rule doesn't apply here. This looks great. Getting a mop wrung out is always the issue.

Arlene Grimm said...

Judy, I am trying to give my new mop a work out!