Followers

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Love is in the Air

Even though we are experiencing frigid temps here in the South, I am thinking of two spring weddings.  As hard as it is for me to believe, all my nieces and nephews are grown up!( Thanks to Laura and Doug who are still in high school so I do not feel too old!)  Two of my nephews are getting married this spring and while it was cold and shivery outside, I was cozily stitching away on their wedding gifts. I was excited when the frame shop called to tell me that my pieces were framed and ready to pick up. If you are in the north Alabama area and you need a good framer....go to Slate Gallery on Main Street in Hartselle, Alabama. Great service and reasonable prices make this place of business stand out among the others.

I can post photos of my gifts as none of my nieces or nephews read my blog...I know, SHOCKER!! First up is Caleb's gift. He will be marrying his sweetheart, Brittany in March.


My precious late mother in law,Mama G, crocheted GRIMM for all her grandchildren when they were married. Believe me those are treasured heirlooms. But the younger grandchildren did not have the privilege of having their grandma do that for them as their wedding gift.  I cannot crochet but I found this pretty cross stitch alphabet and went to work.   I was very pleased with how it turned out and I will be doing a similar one for Caleb's older brother, Will, when he marries in September.

Nephew Jeff will be marrying Sarah on Memorial Day weekend. Sis in law, Lanier, told me that Jeff had one of Mama G's crocheted names so I had to find something different for him. Wedding samplers leave a lot to be desired in my opinon. Many are too plain, some too cheesy and I have done samplers for all the kids as they marry so I have used up all the good ones! I want every sampler to be unique and different just like my nieces and nephews. I found this pattern and adapted it to be a wedding sampler. I have to admit that it turned out to be one of my favorites.



The linen on this piece is weathered to look antique and I think the colors really make it look elegant. I used a new type of thread which has a subtle variation in the color and I will be using it a lot in the future.  Sometimes my friend, Marlene, who owns The Cross Stitch Peddler, has to talk me into trying new things. I am glad I listened this time!!

I am glad these two projects are done...now I can concentrate on Audrey's birth sampler. Although the date of birth cannot be added until she arrives in May!

3 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Cross stitch is so beautiful and will be a treasure for years to come. What wonderful gifts. Sweet hugs, Diane

Debby said...

Both are beautiful. I used to do alot of cross stitch. Don't know if my eyes, could do it anymore.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Ladies...and Debby I use a magnifier that I attach to my q snaps or I would not be able to do it!