Followers

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My New Toy

For years I have wanted a Kitchen Aid Mixer! I really could not justify purchasing one when the stand mixer I own was perfectly adequate for my needs.  However, we can all give in to temptation every now and then!


When I saw this model on sale and in the pretty apple green color I was looking for, I could not resist.  Isn't it beautiful??? My kitchen is decorated in white, black and cobalt blue with touches of this apple green for a pop. So my cheery green mixer will add a bright touch on baking days.  And just in case you are wondering, that is Alfred, one time footman at Downton Abbey, who graces today's Downton Abbey Page a Day Calendar.

Included in my purchase were several neat attachments including this one which I feel will be my favorite.



This attachment will be perfect for creaming sugar and butter for cookies and frostings.  Of course, Marvin and I do not need a lot of sweets but I enjoy baking things for friends and neighbors.

And my old mixer will not go to waste as I am giving it to my daughter in law, Katy, who is looking forward to getting a stand mixer. I think my old mixer still has lots of work to do before it is ready for the garbage can! Recycling at its best!

8 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Have fun using your new mixer it's pretty!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you Julie! I look forward to using it for all my Easter goodies this year.

Mrs.T said...

What a gorgeous color, Arlene! That will bring a breath of spring to the kitchen! My daughter has a Kitchen Aid and loves it. Have fun!

Arlene Grimm said...

I am really looking forward to using the mixer Mrs T. And the color is fun!

Terri D said...

I LOVE my Kitchen Aid mixer, and have had it for over 20 years. Still works like new. Happy baking!

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, I am glad to hear that great recommendation. My old Sunbeam mixer has worked well for me for 20 years and I hope Katy gets 20 more years of use!

CatTales said...

Good for you getting a mixer you really love! I know Katy will enjoy your previous mixer too. I love the color.

Arlene Grimm said...

Miss Cat Tales, I cannot wait to use my mixer. The old one served me well and I hope this one will be even better.