Followers

Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Stream of Consciousness

My English Major Son tells me I talk in a stream of consciousness. Whatever pops into my head comes out on my lips in total randomness. Men have trouble with this kind of thinking but all my girlfriends seem to be able to follow along on my meandering trail.

So today's post is a stream...jump in!

This week I finally got a photograph sized to fit my Cheers Christmas ornament that I purchased in North Carolina just after Christmas. When we visited Biltmore Estate with Lee and Lanier, we went to one of the wine tastings at their gift shop.  I would have to drink a LOT of wine to get to the point where I liked it but I was game to give it a try. With my cholesterol woes, I am thinking of drinking a small amount every night to help my numbers. To me it would be like taking medicine. You can see Marvin is holding up his Biltmore glass in the photo. Lee did not try any but he humored us by standing around while we tasted about five different types o Biltmore wine. Of course, I just noticed that Marvin, Lanier and I are smiling while Lee looks rather GRIMM. :)

Yesterday my friend, Deborah, and I stopped at a little coffee shop in Mooresville, Alabama. She had coffee but I chose hot chocolate as it was such a gloomy day. It was Delish.

I stopped at Mel's Sweet Treats to get some happies for friends. My Titus Ladies group is starting their second year of studying together and I thought they deserved a treat. They are getting the candie on the stick. My First Friday Lunch Buddies will get a cookie when we meet tomorrow.

At Mel's I also got myself a treat...cheese straws, a Southern Delicacy! This will be my lunch while I peruse the catalogs that friend, Susan, shared with me. I love looking at Pottery Barn and Ballards catalogs. I seldom purchase anything but I often get ideas for styling my home from these nice catalogs.

I am always on the look out for modest, stylish clothing for older ladies. I have two weddings coming up this spring so I need outfits for rehearsal dinners and wedding ceremonies. I think I have my bases covered for my nephew Caleb's wedding at the end of March in Savannah, Ga.  I ordered a skirt and a dress from Travelsmith and I received them yesterday. I was very pleased and will be ordering more from this company.

I have a new blog on my blog roll...RefresHer. It is written by Denise who is mother to Whitney, author of the Come Home for Comfort Blog on my roll.  Denise is a pastor's wife and her posts are always encouraging and challenging.

And speaking of bloggers, please continue to lift up Kara Tippetts in prayer.( Mundane Faithfulness)...she is back home after a brief stay in the hospital. Kara is really an inspiration to me as she fights the good fight.


So...my ramblings have come to an end. I have several chores to get to as well as picking children up from school! A Nana's work is never done.

4 comments:

Terri D said...

I enjoyed your ramblings, and had no trouble whatsoever following along!!

20 North Ora said...

Arlene - sounds like lots of fun! The sweets look really good.

Thanks for dropping by.

Judy

Tori Leslie said...

Looks like lots of fun! BTW, I am totally like you! I can be mid-conversation and add in some important info and jump right back where I was. I think men have a problem with our way of communication because our brains are superior! Ha!! Have a great day Arlene!

Arlene Grimm said...

Ladies, thanks for telling me that yall can follow along. I agree with Tori, ladies seem to be able to process that particular kind of communication.lol