Followers

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Georgia Winter Wonderland

 A nice chilly view of Fort Mountain in Chatsworth, Georgia. My sister took this picture from my mother's front yard.


And another view of the mountain range.  I know it is beautiful but I think we Southerners are ready for Mr Winter to make an exit. Hopefully the temperatures will moderate on Saturday and Sunday. It was nine degrees here in No Ala when we got up this morning and one of our Grimm cousins who lives in Chicago reported that it 14 below with wind chills of 30 below.  Maybe the besties and I are crazy but we are meeting for a hearty breakfast at 8am then I hope to get to the grocery store as we are expecting more snow and rain tomorrow morning.  I am really hoping that this is the last hurrah for winter and that spring will come bouncing in soon.







4 comments:

Mrs.T said...

Have a wonderful breakfast with your friends, Arlene! And be cautious if you are traveling about in snow and ice.

The snowy mountain range is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Arlene, wow what beautiful photos of the mountain. It is so nice to meet you. I am a new contributor at Gina's blog and so that you are too. I am now following you and look forward to becoming new blog friends.
Julie at Julie's Lifesyle

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs T, here in Alabama the sun was shining but our high today was just in the mid 20s. I hope the cold weather is gone by next week! Julie, I grew up looking at that mountain every day but did not recognize how blessed I was to live in such a pretty place until I left home! Hoping some of our blog friends can join us at the cafe!

Gina said...

Arlene, I think I brought the NE cold with me when I moved. It is just too much winter!