Followers

Friday, February 20, 2015

Round Two

Well here we sit this morning waiting for more snow and ice. Schools were cancelled and there are lots of happy kiddos, maybe not so happy parents!  We are having some weekend guests so I am taking this day home alone, to cook and clean.  Marvin's first cousin, Bill, and his wife, Sue, are in route from the sunny Gulf Coast back to their home in Chicago.  I am glad that our home is on the way and we can enjoy a visit with our Grimm family.  On the menu, Lasagna and for dessert, Key Lime Cake.  I have given up chocolate for Lent so I decided to make a dessert without chocolate so I would not be tempted. Is that cheating?

Last night I enjoyed a girls outing to a Young Living Essential Oils meeting here in town. Four of us hopped in my van and headed out to Trinity, AL. What a great turn out for Myra's class. I always learn something new and two of my friends are new "oilers" so they really were impressed with all the uses for their YLEOs.  Three of us are old RNs and each of us shared how skeptical we were on hearing about oils and our amazement that they do work!  All I can say is that they have really improved my quality of life and I am not taking lots of OTCs and prescription meds.  As I have shared before, my husband's looming retirement and OBama care motivated me to become healthier and oils have certainly assisted in that plan.  If any of my local ladies are interested in learning more about Young Living, I would be happy to  do a class sharing this product.  I first found out about YLEO from reading Myra's blog, My Blessed Life, and from Jenn's blog, Sweet T Makes Three.  You learn all sorts of things from bloggers!!

Today as I clean, I will be using a new product that I saw on a TV infomercial. I will be doing a review on it tomorrow, pro or con. I am hoping it is a pro!! So be sure and check in to see what Nana bought!

9 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Lasagne and Key Lime Cake? What time is dinner? LOL

What a gracious God to put healing properties in the plants he made for us!

Cranberry Morning said...

Lasagne and Key Lime Cake? What time is dinner? LOL

What a gracious God to put healing properties in the plants he made for us!

Mrs.T said...

Your planned meal sounds yummy, Arlene! Stay warm and safe and have a wonderful time with your guests!

And I won't talk about how very cold it is up here (not much anyway!). Wind chill of 15 below zero -- it felt even worse! - when I went out at nine to do my grocery shopping!

Arlene Grimm said...

Ladies I wish I could fix dinner for yall and sit down and visit!! We are still waiting for the snow...I think it missed us this time.

Amy Burzese said...

It has been snowing mostly all day in Rogersville. Sticking to roads, but not too much on grass. I might have to give those oils a try. I think a relative is into them.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Sweet hugs, Diane

Linda said...

Sounds delicious!! My daughter, Amber, is into the essential oils a little. The only one I use a lot is Coconut oil. I need to learn more about them!

Arlene Grimm said...

Amy, I am ready for spring. It has been cold in our neck of the woods, hasn't it? Diane, I may be on the road to visit you if it does not warm up soon! And Linda, it was young moms who got me into the oils. They were tired of their children being sick all the time and the oils really help boost immunity. I can see why your daughter would need that with four little ones! I am off to a baby shower this morning. It will be fun to visit with adults after a week inside.

Gina said...

Lasagna & Key Lime cake sound wonderful! I must confess that I am curious about the essential oils. :-)