Followers

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Rainy Day Shopping

Now that the temperatures here have moderated, the spring rains have set in! What better to do on a rainy Monday than head out for some shopping?

We have a great consignment store here in our little town, Better than Before. I was looking for some spring things and stopped by to check out their wares. I am glad I did because I found several things and only spent $35.  I like a bargain!

I found this pretty jacket and a pair of white slacks. I can see the flast reflected on the jacket..but the true color can be seen at the top of the photo.

I found these shirts that looked as though they were brand new.

Gingham checks are big this spring and I found two of my favorite colors, turquoise and pink.

The Blue shirt is a Coldwater Creek No Iron shirt.

I always look for the brand names when I shop at Better than Before and I often find them!

After checking out the consignment store I moved on to Party Central.

We are having a baby shower for daughter in law, Nancy, in April so I am trying to pick up a few things here and there.  The way time is flying by, April will be here before we know it.





Grand number six will be here in May!! We will be birthday buddies as my birthday is on the 17th and Little Miss Grimm is due on May 12th.

And my older grands, Kendall and Landon wanted to know where all my Easter candy was as the candy dishes were empty. A trip to Target remedied that. I also picked up some St Patrick's Day Cakes for an after school snack today.

Landon will be happy to see that I found a bag of JUST RED jellybeans. Thanks Starburst. All of us prefer the red jelly beans so I am sure these will be gobbled up quickly. I have given up chocolate for Lent so I will be eating jelly beans instead of my favorite Cadbury Mini Eggs.

I can honestly say it has not been too hard giving up chocolate as I just KNOW I cannot have it. Maybe I need to keep up this discipline after Lent as well.

Off to take the grands to school then home to do some spring cleaning. A Nana's Work is never done!

6 comments:

Terri D said...

You always find the best bargains!! I need to go shopping with you sometime! Those candies look yummy. I prefer the black jelly beans, though!

Arlene Grimm said...

Come up and visit me Terri!! We do have a wonderful consignment store. Lots of the missionaries went shopping there when they were here for Missions Conference.

CatTales said...

You found some pretty clothes at the consign. shop. Those jelly beans look delicious to me. How fun to have a shower for Nancy; I know you can hardly wait to meet the baby!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mildred! Yes, I am getting anxious to see that precious face!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love gingham checks and almost bought a top like that today. Maybe I'll go back and get it! heehee! And you're right...our work is never done. Sweet hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane, I am thinking of ordering a pretty dark blue gingham shirt from L L Bean. It has been on my wish list for a while but it costs more than all the things I bought on Monday!! I have to remind myself that it is ok to purchase something new every now and then!!