Followers

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thank a Farmer


My brother in law, Bruce, put this picture on his Facebook page on Monday. I did not realize it was Agriculture Week but I sure am thankful for hardworking farmers who are responsible for the food we so casually take from the grocery store shelves!!

Here is a picture of Bruce. He works full time as a deputy sheriff and farms in his spare time.  Of course that means before he goes to work, when he gets home from work and on the weekends.  I am so glad that Bruce enjoys farming as he kept our family farm going when my father became sick and became bedridden. Since Daddy's death, Bruce has been the number one farmer on the farm.

I am thankful that I grew up on a small farm. I learned early on that you do not eat if you do not work!  As you purchase your groceries this week, remember that without farmers, the store shelves would be empty!

7 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

That is wonderful to hear about Bruce and he sounds like a very hard working person. Yes we need farmers in order to eat! Hope you have a wonderful end of the week.
Julie xo

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes Julie I love my brother in law and I am thankful for him everyday.

Terri D said...

Yes, I am thankful for ALL farmers who keep us all fed, and most of the time in debt and working longer hours than anyone else. Thankful, too, for our law enforcement officers. God bless your brother-in-law!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you Terri...he is a hard working man for sure!

doodles n daydreams said...

It sounds like Bruce is a real blessing to have around. A man to be proud of.

Diana

Tori Leslie said...

Bruce sounds like a great guy!! I also very thankful the for farmers and the policemen that keep us fed and safe!

Arlene Grimm said...

Diana and Tori, yall are so sweet. Bruce is a great guy and a blessing to our family!