Followers

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Brighten the Corner Where You Are

How many of you remember that old song? Well at my house, I have a corner in the kitchen that seemed pretty bare after all the Easter decorations were put away. So I went shopping. Not to the store mind you but upstairs in my attic room where I keep all of my decor items. I was looking for a chalk board that I had stored there last year. After I located the board, I headed to Hobby Lobby as I needed some craft items. There I found the CHALK pens that so many are using right now to make cute chalk boards. I needed one of these as my friend, Susan, had given me some little chalk board tags in my Valentine Goodies and I needed a chalk pen in order to write neatly upon them.  After consulting with one of the Hobby Lobby workers, I found what I needed. It was about four dollars but I am hoping it will last a while. I came home and added a quote to my board then placed it in the corner of the breakfast bar! IT did brighten the corner!!


I had purchased this cute board with our family name on it from a young lady who was making them several years ago. I put it away because my chalk skills with a regular piece of chalk left much to be desired.  I am very pleased with my chalk pen...I love this quote too. I found it in Gretchen Rubin's book, Happier at Home.  That is my goal...my home is very special to me.

6 comments:

Mildred said...

This really is adorable! I see so many cute ideas with chalk boards etc. My niece has a chalkboard and when my brother, PawPaw, visits the grandkids, she puts a welcome message on the chalkboard!

Arlene said...

Thanks Mildred. I hope to change up my quotes this summer.

Terri D said...

That really is cute, and I was very impressed with "GRIMM" - giving you all the credit!! Great quote!

Joy said...

wow! a very nice idea. I should have one chalk board home to write words to ponder each day:)

Karen said...

I love your artwork and that quote. What a great idea.

Arlene said...

Terri, Joy and Karen, thank you for the lovely comments. It would be easy to make your own chalkboard these days with all the chalk board paint that is around. They would be cute gifts to make for friends as well!