Followers

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Cleaning Day

Tuesdays are my big cleaning day. Bathrooms and bedrooms are attacked first, sheets changed, towels washed and dried and dust, dust, dust!  I love getting into my cozy bed on Tuesday nights because clean sheets are one of the things in this life that I really enjoy!

Today when I change my sheets, I will be adding these pretty pillowcases to the bed. My 84 year old Mother, spends a lot of her time doing hand work. She had eight pairs of pillowcases embroidered and she let me choose the set I wanted. I chose the pansies as that is my husband's late grandmother's name.
Mother told me that when she was not doing hand work she was reading...that sounds good to me! I hope I can see well enough when I am 84 to do handwork. She also embroiders without a hoop! I find I have to have one to get the results I want but Mother does great without it.

My Thieves cleaner will be diluted and used on multiple surfaces in my house today. I really like to use it for the bathroom as it is a true germ killer. This bottle will last me for months.

And while I am cleaning, this Jade Lemon oil will be diffusing throughout the downstairs of our townhome. It is my new favorite oil for diffusing. It is an oil from china and while it has a lemon scent, there is something that is just different about it...it really lifts my spirits.

So that is my Tuesday! I need to put away the computer and get BUSY!!

11 comments:

Karen said...

The embroidery is so beautiful. Just think of the time and love put into that!

Mildred said...

The pansy pillowcases are so sweet. I know you treasure them. You know, I could never use a hoop when I embroidered/cross stitched.
Thanks for telling us about the cleaner; I'm not familiar with it.
I love fresh scents in a good clean home!

Arlene said...

Yes, I do LOVE my pillowcases. People do not use the old style much any more but it hearkens back to the days when women did not have so many options to decorate their homes. I can remember embroidering table scarves when I was a girl. YOu never see them anymore.

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

You sound very organized ,my mom did that kind of handwork too
I love to get in clean sheets Jackie Kennedy alway had clean sheets even if she just had a nap,but she did have help
Nice to visit
Laura

Arlene said...

Thanks for dropping by Laura...I paid a visit to your blog. It is nice to make blog friends.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

The embroidery is so pretty that your Mom made!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love clean crisp sheets too and how special to have these pretty pillowcases. I clean every day. lol I've been trying to do a little extra and get things the way I want them. I took a big load to donate today too so that felt great. Enjoy your day! Come back here to rest! Hugs!!!

Joy said...

I believe I have to wait for the weekend to clean my house!

Arlene said...

Joy, thanks for dropping in to visit today!! I try to clean a bit every day as I do not have as much stamina as I used to have!! When I worked, the weekend was my time for cleaning as well.

Terri D said...

What beautiful embroidery!! God bless your mom! I've never heard of Thieves Household Cleaner. Will have to check it out!

doodles n daydreams said...

Monday is when I do much the same as you on do Tuesday.
Your mothers embroidery is lovely, I'm not good at this sort of handwork.

Diana