Followers

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Early Release

No, I am not talking about my early release from the funny farm but early release from elementary school. Yesterday was one of those days and I had the grands all afternoon. And is it just me or do children even go to school anymore? With the fall breaks, spring breaks, field trips and early release days when do they find time to get all their work done? I certainly do not remember all the vacation days that children enjoy now. We got out for Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and a few days at Easter...as for field trips, they were very rare.  I guess that back then we all rode the school bus, moms were often at home with no vehicle and school was serious business!! Oh Well...I must move with the times I suppose.

Kendall has been planning a craft project that involves a collage so we stopped at Dollar General to get some pink poster board before stopping at Burger King for an Icee. ( They had already had lunch at school). Kendall enjoys making collages for various family members for special occassions. She wanted to do a Welcome to the Family Collage for Baby Audrey, who is yet to arrive.


Here is the finished project. We are still working on laying out pictures before gluing them down. That is why Aunt Katy is leaning in the upper middle section!!  I am between Grandpa and Landon...I have no neck but I am very skinny so I am happy.lol  Kendall wants Uncle Charles and Aunt Nancy to add Audrey's photo when she is born.

While Kendall was crafting, Landon was playing Pirate.


He told me that he was Patch the Pirate. We listen to Patch the Pirate(Ron Hamilton) CDs in the car on the way to and from school. Patch was a favorite of my children when they were young and I am so glad Mr Hamilton continues to release Patch CDs that encourage a love for the Lord along with practicing good character.  I love the look on Landon's face...Arrhg Matey!

Today is usually my friend day but Susan is on vacay and Deborah had a little trip planned with her mom so I am on my own. I will get my hair done, visit TJ Maxx and enjoy a burger for lunch before coming home to do some chores around the house.  Hope all you ladies have a blessed day.

7 comments:

Mildred said...

I enjoyed the pics of the grandchildren. Hope you enjoy your outing alone today. A burger sounds good.

Terri D said...

Great photos and the collage is fantastic. She is quite the crafter (and gets it honestly!). They are blessed to have you in their lives on a regular basis (you are too!).

Arlene said...

Thank you Terri!! And Mildred, that hamburger was GOOD. I do not have them often due to cholesterol issues but they are one of my favorite foods and have been since I was a little girl.

doodles n daydreams said...

Sounds like a nice day was had with the grandkids.

Diana

Gina said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Grands & Burgers & Art! I remember having such fun making collages in grade school.

Arlene said...

Diana, any day with the grands is special, you are correct!!:) Gina, Kendall loves collages. She is going to make one for her room at home when she has another day off.

Susan Graben said...

Looking forward to us all being together next Thursday.