Followers

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy Birthday!

I was remiss in not wishing Queen Elizabeth a happy birthday yesterday! She looks great for 89!! I have always admired this lady who has been queen since she was 25 years old( the same age as Taylor Swift as a news article reminded us!). She has always done her duty and I have read that she will not abdicate because she sees her job as God Given.

I read some other interesting facts about the Queen.

She celebrates her birthday on June 13th as do all English monarchs no matter the date of their actual birthday. Supposedly the English weather is at its best then.

Her family nickname is Lillibet.

She has owned 30 corgis in her lifetime.

Her husband calls her sausage or cabbage. I guess he thinks that is cute.

She speaks "handbag". Her staff know that if she puts her handbag on the table, she is ready to go. If she moves her handbag from arm to arm, that means she is bored. And we all thought that handbag was just for looks.

She enjoys a good crime thriller for reading. Her favorite authors are PD James, Agatha Christie and Dick Francis.

I hope the Queen has many more good years to reign because I cannot imagine a world without Queen Elizabeth on the throne.


6 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

How interesting to really all of these fun facts about the Queen of England! Heave a nice day Arlene!
Julie xo

Mildred said...

Such a lovely photo of her.

Arlene said...

If I could meet a famous person of my choice, Queen Elizabeth would be the one for me Mildred and Julie. And she is prettier as she gets older. I always think that is a sign of a sweet person on the inside. It just comes out as you age.

Gina said...

God bless the Queen! Oh my goodness, I would not appreciate being called sausage or cabbage!!! 30 Corgis over her lifetime - wow!

Terri D said...

Thanks for those fun facts about Queen Elizabeth. She is an amazing person, indeed!

Hannah Leslie said...

Thank's so much for posting these facts!!!! She really appears to be a very sweet and tender lady.