Followers

Friday, April 10, 2015

Honey Bun Cake

Today is MOPs at First Bible Church and my table is in charge of snacks. I had forgotten about it until last night. Thank goodness I keep some things on hand to be able to produce something easy at a moment's notice.  I decided to make my Honeybun Cake as it is similar to a coffee cake. Also I can make it this morning and it will still be warm when I get to my meeting! Thanks to my church lady friend, Debbie L, for this recipe.

Honey Bun Cake

Preheat oven to 350.

1 box of yellow cake mix( I only had French Vanilla so that is what I used this morning!!)
3/4 c vegetable oil
4 eggs
8 oz sour cream
 Combine in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until smooth.

3/4 c brown sugar
1 T ground Cinnamon
Mix together and set aside. I  added some chopped pecans, about one cup, to mine. I love pecans!

Prepare a Bundt or tube pan. Bakers Joy is my go to for this and I have never had any problem getting a cake out of the pan.

Spoon half of the cake batter into pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar / cinnamon mixture. Top with remaining batter.

Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes. Mine took 40....each oven seems to be different.

Glaze...2 c confectioners sugar
             4 T milk
             2 tsp vanilla

While cake is warm in the pan, poke holes around the top with a fork and pour glaze over cake.
Cool and remove from pan.

This is a nice recipe for a brunch or a great afternoon snack when the kiddos come home from school. Who doesn't enjoy a warm piece of freshly baked cake? One of the true joys in life in my opinion.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Yes, that sounds delicious. I can imagine it smells wonderful baking! Enjoy your weekend!

Arlene said...

Thankfully my MOPs moms ate most of it this morning and it is not going to tempt me over the weekend.lol...

Mildred said...

That sounds so good, especially with a cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I hope your weekend is nice.

Terri D said...

I'm just about ready to get up and give this a try! Oh my goodness it sounds delicious!

Arlene said...

Mildred and Terri, you can make it in a 9 by 13 dish as well and put the glaze on the top. If I am taking it to a covered dish, I find it is easier to transport and serve!