Followers

Thursday, April 2, 2015

My New Friend

After trying to lose some extra pounds on my own, I gave in and purchased a Fit Bit Flex. Mine is not a pretty blue like this one but a basic black!  Yesterday was my first full day to wear it and I do think it motivated me to get up and move. I did not realize how sedentary I had become!  I logged 9,000 steps yesterday. My goal for each day is 10,000. But that is a GOAL and if I get 8000 steps each day, I will be happy with that.  After reading a little on recommended steps per day I found out that the 10,000 steps a day was a marketing ploy that the Japanese used for a pedometer made and marketed there. The AMA says if you get 7000 to 8000 steps a day, that is good. The article I was reading did emphasize that you will have to get up and get moving to get 10,000 steps a day. And extra steps means extra weight loss if you pair your exercise regimen with a diet.  Sorry folks but there is no easy way to lose weight. When my son, Charles, was in China, he was often given weight loss tips and the major one was eat less, exercise more! Who knew? We call it the secret Chinese weight loss plan.  I think most of us Americans want an easy solution for all our problems. I have charted a course for myself and I hope to be at my goal weight by October. Yes, I would like for it to be June but that would be unrealistic.  I am thinking that this little piece of technology will be the kick in the pants that I need to get back in shape!

And do not forget that today is World Autism Awareness Day. Nana and Grandpa are wearing their blue shirts for our Baylor Man!! Maybe one day Autism will be curable and not just treatable! That is my prayer!

4 comments:

Mildred said...

Good for you. All the best. I don't walk/move around as much as I should, I'm afraid.

I'll put on blue today and remember Baylor! God bless you and yours.

Terri D said...

And I read the other day that 6,000 steps is great. I know several people now who have one of those gems. May have to explore....

You are SO right. Eat less and exercise more. It really is that simple, and yet SO HARD!!

Arlene said...

Girls, this has motivated me to look at what I eat and how much I exercise! Trying to be disciplined in mind, body and spirit.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I need to get a Fit Bit! This winter has found me lazing in the recliner waaay too much. Now spring is here and I have much to do outside and am wondering where I'll find the energy. I think being lazy saps your energy as well as puts on pounds.