Followers

Friday, April 17, 2015

On the Bus

As well as walking I am riding a Bus...the Bible Bus that is.  The late Reverend J Vernon McGee had the foresight to tape his five year inductive Bible Study and I am so glad he did.  He likes to refer to his study as being on the Bible Bus!  I just noticed that three years ago this month, I began my study with Dr McGee to study each book in the Bible.  I have read through the Bible five times but I was determined to do a study of each book of the Bible.  Dr McGee can be heard each day on BBN but I find that his Through The Bible App is best for me. By downloading this app, I have access to his studies and can proceed at my own speed. I try to listen to one lesson each day but some days that just does not happen so I can catch up later.

Here is a photograph of Dr McGee. I find it helps me to listen better if I have a face to put with the voice. And Dr McGee has a very distinctive voice!  Although he passed away in 1988, his ministry is still going on and what a blessing it has been to many people like me who wish to study the Bible but are not up to going to seminary!! Right now we are in 1st Peter and I have to say that I look forward to sitting in my favorite chair in the bedroom, taking my Bible and my Ipad and enjoying some time in the Word.

There are many Bible teachers available to us in this day and time, some technology is really useful!! How about you? Do you have a favorite Bible study that you are doing? I would love to hear about it!!

8 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've taken a lot of Bible courses over the years and most recently, Beth Moore's studies. She has such great Bible studies and workbooks for women. It really helps us understand our roles as Christians. Enjoy your weekend sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

Joy said...

Wow! An inspiration. I do love to hear the word of God being preached, but studying my bible by myself is also inspiring.
The bible is an never ending source of wisdom and knowledge.
Since I normally do my devotion before I get up in the bed, I can call my study bible bed:)

Arlene said...

Diane, some of my friends have done Beth Moore studies. And Joy..you made me laugh out loud with your Bible Bed!! I like using my app as it is so convenient...I can do it anywhere!

Terri D said...

My favorite was a few years ago and it was a chronological study through the Old and New Testiments. I was amazed at how it all meshes together when laid out chronologically.

Mildred said...

Daddy thought a lot of Dr. Charles Stanley and I have many of his books and Life Principles Bible.
Hope you have a nice weekend.

Arlene said...

Terri, that sounds very interesting! Mildred I attended FBC Atlanta when I was in Nursing School and Dr Stanley was the pastor. He is a great Bible teacher.

Mildred said...

When my daddy got where he could no longer attend church due to illness, we would watch Dr. Stanley on tv together. Thanks for sharing with me about attending FBC.

Arlene said...

Mildred, my mother listens to Dr Stanley every Saturday evening. When I am at her house, I always enjoy listening along. Glad we share so many Georgia Memories.