Followers

Friday, April 24, 2015

The Little Things

With all the walking I have been doing lately, I have had some time to think and one thing that came to mind was all the little things we enjoy in life.  So often we are focused on the things we think we need and deserve that we do not thank God for the many little things that make life so pleasant for us. So here is my list of 10 Little Things That Make Me Happy.

1. Clean sheets....I think one of the best moments of the week is when I climb into my bed on Tuesday evenings and I am greeted with clean sheets!! They just feel so good!!
2. A Hot Cup of Coffee in the Morning.... I love the new McCafe Brands that are on sale at Walmart now. One of my favorite places to get coffee is McDonalds. Some mornings after I drop the kiddos off at school, I will stop for a nice cuppa.
3.My Morning Newspaper which is delivered at my door each day. I like starting the day off with the newspaper and the cryptoquote.
4.A pedicure at my favorite nail boutique. I treated myself to a pedicure yesterday and I am loving my Coral toenails this morning.
5.A handwritten note in the mail. I have several friends who are good to send me "real" mail.  I am part of the encouragement committee at our church. This committee is made up of ladies who take a week two times a year to write notes to church members who need encouragement.
6.My grandchildren's giggles....is there anything so sweet?
7.A good book....you all know how I love to read so when I get a good book in my hands, I am a happy camper.
8. A Muddy's cupcake....I only get these when we visit Lee and Lanier in Memphis but every time I put a bite of their chocolate chocolate cupcake in my mouth, I just savor it. Forget fancy chocolates, this cupcake is my favorite treat.
9.When my sweet husband empties the dishwasher for me....I hate that chore so when Marvin does it for me, I always give him a big thank you. Really any of the little things my engineer husband does for me makes me happy. He is not a touchy feely person and is not big on effusive compliments etc but he shows me his love for me in the things he does for me.
10.My Bible Study time...the 30 minutes I sit down with my Ipad and listen to the teaching available at Through the Bible, I am thankful for the technology that makes it possible.

Those are just a few of the little things that make me happy...how about you? Do you have something that is small that makes you happy? I would love to know what it is!! Leave me a comment!

7 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I enjoyed reading all of the 10 things that you enjoy and I love a lot of them too! Have a nice Friday and weekend.

Mildred said...

What a lovely list, Arlene. You got me hooked on the McCafe coffees too! lol
I appreciate you sharing your grands with us on the blog. It is a joy to see them grow and learn and to share in their special moments.
Have a great day.

Cranberry Morning said...

I love this post, Arlene! I especially love what you said about your husband, in that you recognize what his love language is and appreciate it and him. Little things for me include my kitty lying beside me on the couch, the first daffodils of spring, and sheets dried on the line outdoors. :-)

Terri D said...

Your list is great and I can claim all but your hubby and the Bible study (though I am going to look for that!). My husband empties the dishwasher too, and I am always so happy when he does that!

Arlene said...

Girls...are we secret sisters or what??? I guess that is why I love yall.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

My hubby and I have a cup of coffee in the afternoons and that's such a nice break from the regular routine. I love clean sheets and clean laundry, too. I love to fold clothes! lol And take bubble baths at night. Happy weekend my friend! Hugs!

Gina said...

Arlene, thank you for the sweet reminder to be thankful! Love your list (though I wouldn't mind emptying the dishwasher!) Now does McDonalds sell ground coffee at the stores? I have not seen them here - but I haven't really looked. :-)

LOVE clean sheets!