Followers

Monday, May 18, 2015

A Little Water

What is is about summer time and water hoses? I love to take the time to water all my plants and to check on their progress. We replanted our front beds this summer and they are growing so well! I have babied them along the last two weeks. Giving them extra water along with the sprinklers seems to have done the trick.

The nandina, impatiens and hostas are growing well.  My friend, Barry, brought mulch for us when he picked up his own. It is nice to have a friend with a truck!!

Our Japanese maple already has new growth as well!!

This year I purchased one of the light weight hoses that draws up on its own when the water is turned off and I have LOVED it. It is perfect for the light watering that I do and it is easy to handle and put away. I am so glad that I do not have to wrangle with a length of rubber hoses!! Little things make me happy!!

5 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love your flowers, plants and the Japenese maple is my favorite. Hope you have a nice week.
Julie xo

Arlene said...

Japanese Maple is my absolute favorite tree and my neighbor just put one in as well. They are so pretty all year!! Enjoyed catching up with you on your blog today. You have been busy!!

Mildred said...

Everything is looking pretty, Arlene. I would love to have one of those hoses. We are having thunder/rain this evening.

Gina said...

Arlene, I've not heard of a hose like that. I will have to google it! Sounds like it would make life easier!

Arlene said...

Mildred and Gina, I picked up my hose at Walmart! It is amazing and a perfect lady hose. The minute you turn the water off the hose begins to shrink!! I keep it on a hook in my garage!